Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Lions Football thread

What times the bus come to pick us up?

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    They got away with one today. They need to send a thank you card to cam newton.
    For sure.

Once Johnson went out, I really thought the wheels would come off, but they were able to grind out that win with some help from the Panthers.

Big game on Thanksgiving if they want to make any attempt to turn this season around.

I am not sure they will win another game without Johnson. The "Matt Stafford Show" where he gets 50-60 pass attempts per game can win some, but without a run game they aren't going anywhere. Johnson was looking like Walter Payton yesterday hitting holes behind the fullback and breaking tackles. I don't think the Lion's have that kind of talent on the bench right now.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Waiting for Mike to bless us with his Stafford knowledge! 0 TD's, 2 INT's. Playing up to that contract!

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Waiting for Mike to bless us with his Stafford knowledge! 0 TD's, 2 INT's. Playing up to that contract!
    Bears are thankful for Matt stafford. Happy thanksgiving

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Default 2018 Lions Football thread

It’s kinda sad that you root against the home team just for these posts... but then again, I’m the one who’s realistic and have never shied away from the realities. When Stafford has played incredible, I sing his praises and you all find a reason to knock the guy. When he stinks, I admit he stinks.

Stafford was average throughout the game until the pick six and that was a crucial mistake. He stared that throw down from before the snap. I knew where he was going the whole time and I ain’t even on the field.

As far as I’m concerned, Stafford’s play this year has been average, not worthy of the contract and has been marred by absolutely brutal mistakes that have cost them, maybe not the game... but a chance to win the game including today’s pick six, the 1st and goal INT against Seattle and the pitch two weeks ago. Those have all been straight up rookie garbage and he has to do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    It’s kinda sad that you root against the home team just for these posts... but then again, I’m the one who’s realistic and have never shied away from the realities. When Stafford has played incredible, I sing his praises and you all find a reason to knock the guy. When he stinks, I admit he stinks.

Stafford was average throughout the game until the pick six and that was a crucial mistake. He stared that throw down from before the snap. I knew where he was going the whole time and I ain’t even on the field.

As far as I’m concerned, Stafford’s play this year has been average, not worthy of the contract and has been marred by absolutely brutal mistakes that have cost them, maybe not the game... but a chance to win the game including today’s pick six, the 1st and goal INT against Seattle and the pitch two weeks ago. Those have all been straight up rookie garbage and he has to do better.

On the contrary, actually. I want Stafford gone because he's not the guy, never has been, and has never won anything. He's soaking up elite QB money for garbage results.

You defend the guy and hype him like he's Tom Brady when he shows flashes of being average. I don't want to see this crap for ten more years.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

On the contrary, actually. I want Stafford gone because he's not the guy, never has been, and has never won anything. He's soaking up elite QB money for garbage results.

You defend the guy and hype him like he's Tom Brady when he shows flashes of being average. I don't want to see this crap for ten more years.
    I don’t think you understand the definition of the word average

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

I kind of agree with this, but I don't like the alternative to just throwing out Stafford. When is the last time we had a good QB? I think you stick with the devil you know. Stafford has done pretty well the last few years (not including this year) considering he had zero run game supporting him. Getting even an average QB is like playing the lottery. I will take the average we have, and hope we get a management team that can build a team around him. You don't have to have a great QB to win the Super Bowl, but it sure helps.

Part of the problem is that every QB who plays the Lions looks like Joe Montana, so it is tough to get a frame of reference.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information