Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Lions Football thread

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Default 2018 Lions Football thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I kind of agree with this, but I don't like the alternative to just throwing out Stafford. When is the last time we had a good QB? I think you stick with the devil you know. Stafford has done pretty well the last few years (not including this year) considering he had zero run game supporting him. Getting even an average QB is like playing the lottery. I will take the average we have, and hope we get a management team that can build a team around him. You don't have to have a great QB to win the Super Bowl, but it sure helps.

Part of the problem is that every QB who plays the Lions looks like Joe Montana, so it is tough to get a frame of reference.

-Geoff
    This logic has no place in Justin’s world. I’ve spelled this out for him a dozen times. Stafford is the best QB the Lions have ever had by miles... I’ve gone as far as to point out the OVERALL abysmal success rate of 1st-3rd round QB draft picks... How approximately 80% of them wash out in a few years... (I mean, like I’ve literally typed every single one of them out and shown how little they have amounted to).

I’ve also asked Justin to provide a better alternative to Stafford who is realistically available. He ignores the constraints of reality and offers no constructive solutions. Just bitches.

My point has never been that Matthew Stafford is the best QB in the league... despite Justin “Trump-spinning” it to fit his narrative. My point has always been that Matthew Stafford is the best quarterback available to the Lions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DetroitStyle; 11-23-2018 at 03:36 PM.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Default 2018 Lions Football thread

Here... I copied it from last year’s thread so you can read it again. Tell me again how easy it is to draft a top twice QB.

Here's a list of every QB taken in the past 10-12 years in the first or second round...

Eli Manning
    Philip Rivers
    Ben Roethlisberger
    JP Losman
    Alex Smith
    Aaron Rodgers
    Jason Campbell
    Vince Young
    Matt Leinert
    Jay Cutler
    Kellen Clemens
    Tavaris Jackson
    JaMarcus Russell
    Brady Quinn
    Kevin Kolb
    John Beck
    Drew Stanton
    Matt Ryan
    Joe Flacco
    Brian Brohm
    Chad Henne
    Mark Sanchez
    Josh Freeman
    Pat White
    Sam Bradford
    Tim Tebow
    Jimmy Clausen
    Cam Newton
    Jake Locker
    Blaine Gabbert
    Christian Ponder
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick
    Andrew Luck
    Robert Griffin
    Ryan Tannehill
    Brandon Weedon
    Brock Osweiler
    EJ Manuel
    Geno Smith
    Blake Bortles
    Johnny Manziel
    Teddy Bridgewater
    Derek Carr
    Jimmy Garoppolo
    Jameis Winston
    Marcus Mariotta
    Jarod Goff
    Carson Wentz

Over 50% of them are COMPLETE busts... a few of them are average or yet to be determined. A few are comparable to Stafford and only ONE is clearly better than Stafford, and that's Ben Roethlisberger.

Do you get the point here? LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE FAILURES, picked by people who know a shitload more about football than you or I... and you'd rather gamble away a guy who's well on his way to HALL OF FAME numbers (please feel free to compare them and try to dispute this) for a total crapshoot. LOL. You crazy

Edit: it was from the 2016 thread and I’ll amend my comments to say that maybe a few others Is put over Stafford at this point like Rodgers and Goff... possibly Wentz, but he hasn’t been lighting it up lately either. Look at that list.... how many of those guys are completely gone from the league? Played a year or two, never started, never won a playoff game, etc...

Last edited by DetroitStyle; 11-23-2018 at 03:45 PM.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Jimmy Johnson was rating QB's a few years ago, and he put Stafford in the second tier. I put a lot of stock in what he says, he knows football. But yea, Stafford has not been playing as well this year. Maybe it is the kids? A lot of items guys slump when they get their long term deal too. I think he needs to get called out. Not sure who is going to do it, but that loss yesterday was squarely on him as far as I was concerned. Definitely not giving up on him though.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Here... I copied it from last year’s thread so you can read it again. Tell me again how easy it is to draft a top twice QB.

Here's a list of every QB taken in the past 10-12 years in the first or second round...

Eli Manning
    Philip Rivers
    Ben Roethlisberger
    JP Losman
    Alex Smith
    Aaron Rodgers
    Jason Campbell
    Vince Young
    Matt Leinert
    Jay Cutler
    Kellen Clemens
    Tavaris Jackson
    JaMarcus Russell
    Brady Quinn
    Kevin Kolb
    John Beck
    Drew Stanton
    Matt Ryan
    Joe Flacco
    Brian Brohm
    Chad Henne
    Mark Sanchez
    Josh Freeman
    Pat White
    Sam Bradford
    Tim Tebow
    Jimmy Clausen
    Cam Newton
    Jake Locker
    Blaine Gabbert
    Christian Ponder
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick
    Andrew Luck
    Robert Griffin
    Ryan Tannehill
    Brandon Weedon
    Brock Osweiler
    EJ Manuel
    Geno Smith
    Blake Bortles
    Johnny Manziel
    Teddy Bridgewater
    Derek Carr
    Jimmy Garoppolo
    Jameis Winston
    Marcus Mariotta
    Jarod Goff
    Carson Wentz

Over 50% of them are COMPLETE busts... a few of them are average or yet to be determined. A few are comparable to Stafford and only ONE is clearly better than Stafford, and that's Ben Roethlisberger.

Do you get the point here? LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE FAILURES, picked by people who know a shitload more about football than you or I... and you'd rather gamble away a guy who's well on his way to HALL OF FAME numbers (please feel free to compare them and try to dispute this) for a total crapshoot. LOL. You crazy

Edit: it was from the 2016 thread and I’ll amend my comments to say that maybe a few others Is put over Stafford at this point like Rodgers and Goff... possibly Wentz, but he hasn’t been lighting it up lately either. Look at that list.... how many of those guys are completely gone from the league? Played a year or two, never started, never won a playoff game, etc...

Oh man! 50%?! LMFAO Oh well if there's only a 50% chance the Lions could improve the position then we should definitely just keep under achieving and insure that we don't win anything for another ten years.

What's even funnier, how many of those busts have won a playoff game? So what does that say about Stafford?

Mike, please list below everything Stafford has won in his tenure here in Detroit. I'll wait!

Oh you should have added the undrafted Case Keenum who went 13-3 with the Vikings, won a NFC North title, and won a playoff game.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get .....something something......Stafford blows

“Stafford isn't the team's sole problem, but he is a problem when he should be masking problems elsewhere, and that's the problem.

He's supposed to be in his prime. This is his 10th season, and it almost certainly will be his 10th without a playoff win. He's taken the Lions to the postseason just three times during his decade in the Motor City.

It might be time to move on and start fresh at the game's most important position—especially if that means saving $28.5 million a year, which according to Spotrac is Stafford's average cap hit over the next four seasons.”

Pisses excellence cASe SenSiTive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post

Eli Manning
    Philip Rivers
    Ben Roethlisberger
    JP Losman
    Alex Smith
    Aaron Rodgers
    Jason Campbell
    Vince Young
    Matt Leinert
    Jay Cutler
    Kellen Clemens
    Tavaris Jackson
    JaMarcus Russell
    Brady Quinn
    Kevin Kolb
    John Beck
    Drew Stanton
    Matt Ryan
    Joe Flacco
    Brian Brohm
    Chad Henne
    Mark Sanchez
    Josh Freeman
    Pat White
    Sam Bradford
    Tim Tebow
    Jimmy Clausen
    Cam Newton
    Jake Locker
    Blaine Gabbert
    Christian Ponder
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick
    Andrew Luck
    Robert Griffin
    Ryan Tannehill
    Brandon Weedon
    Brock Osweiler
    EJ Manuel
    Geno Smith
    Blake Bortles
    Johnny Manziel
    Teddy Bridgewater
    Derek Carr
    Jimmy Garoppolo
    Jameis Winston
    Marcus Mariotta
    Jarod Goff
    Carson Wentz

You'd only put Rothlisberger over Statfod? And maybe Rodgers and Goff?
    Rivers is easily better. Eli Manning has two rings. Matt Ryan, Colin Kaeepernick, and Cam Newton have been to superbowls. Joe Flacco Has won a superbowl.
    Andrew Luck has actually won playoff games, even with an anemic running game like Stafford.

You know what Stat Padford is? He's Jay Cutler/Tony Romo.

Quote Originally Posted by cASe SenSiTive View Post

You'd only put Rothlisberger over Statfod? And maybe Rodgers and Goff?
    Rivers is easily better. Eli Manning has two rings. Matt Ryan, Colin Kaeepernick, and Cam Newton have been to superbowls. Joe Flacco Has won a superbowl.
    Andrew Luck has actually won playoff games, even with an anemic running game like Stafford.

You know what Stat Padford is? He's Jay Cutler/Tony Romo.

Rivers is “easily” better? I’m not saying he’s not a reasonable point of discussion, but Rivers has had Hall of Fame run support for his entire career... you know, a guy named LaDainian Tomlinson for 10+ years? When you’ve got a guy who’s fifth all time in rushing yards in the backfield with you, it certainly changes the way the defense looks for the QB, no? Currently has Melvin Gordon who is good for 1000 yards a season...

And the whole “has won a SuperBowl” line is nonsense when it comes to evaluating a QB. You know who else has won a SuperBowl? Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, etc etc... winning big games is a part of it, but using it to elevate somebody over a clearly better player is silly.

Derrick Fisher has six NBA rings. Is he better than Lebron? Is he better than than Allen Iverson who never won any?

Thread Information