Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Lions Football thread

Pisses excellence cASe SenSiTive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Rivers is “easily” better? I’m not saying he’s not a reasonable point of discussion, but Rivers has had Hall of Fame run support for his entire career... you know, a guy named LaDainian Tomlinson for 10+ years? When you’ve got a guy who’s fifth all time in rushing yards in the backfield with you, it certainly changes the way the defense looks for the QB, no? Currently has Melvin Gordon who is good for 1000 yards a season...
    OK, but Rivers stats are exceptionally good even considering the benefit of great running backs. He has hall of fame level #s.
    And Rothlisberger, who you said is better, has also had great running backs too.

And the whole “has won a SuperBowl” line is nonsense when it comes to evaluating a QB. You know who else has won a SuperBowl? Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, etc etc... winning big games is a part of it, but using it to elevate somebody over a clearly better player is silly.
    I'm not saying just winning a SB makes them better. I'm saying that guys with similar passing stats are elevated by actually having real team success. Matt Ryan and Stafford are very similar players, but Ryan has actually won meaningful games. Eli was a SB MVP, he wasnt just along for the ride like Dilfer or Johnson.

I notice you didn't address Luck, who has had a similar lack or running game his entire career, but has managed to win multiple playoff games and put up personal stats at least as good/better as Stafford.

Bottom line is you have to blame the owners on why they suck...
    Wtf do they care... stadiums PACKED every game!
    SAL

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by cASe SenSiTive View Post
    OK, but Rivers stats are exceptionally good even considering the benefit of great running backs. He has hall of fame level #s.
    And Rothlisberger, who you said is better, has also had great running backs too.

I'm not saying just winning a SB makes them better. I'm saying that guys with similar passing stats are elevated by actually having real team success. Matt Ryan and Stafford are very similar players, but Ryan has actually won meaningful games. Eli was a SB MVP, he wasnt just along for the ride like Dilfer or Johnson.

I notice you didn't address Luck, who has had a similar lack or running game his entire career, but has managed to win multiple playoff games and put up personal stats at least as good/better as Stafford.
    You’re still missing the point... so, even including Luck, you’ve got what... five or six guys who you would say are better than Stafford? Out of how many... fifty? Does that make “draft a better QB” a sensible option, blow a first round draft pick on somebody that has a 90% chance of being well below the current guy? Or does it make more sense to draft guys to build around the already solid guy you already have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

I heard Colin Kaepernick might be available. He must be good, he has been to a Super Bowl...

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Pisses excellence cASe SenSiTive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    You’re still missing the point... so, even including Luck, you’ve got what... five or six guys who you would say are better than Stafford? Out of how many... fifty? Does that make “draft a better QB” a sensible option, blow a first round draft pick on somebody that has a 90% chance of being well below the current guy? Or does it make more sense to draft guys to build around the already solid guy you already have?

Maybe they can get him a decent tight end. He's been throwing to trash all these years.

Like that Ebron guy who only has 12 TDs for the Colts this season.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by cASe SenSiTive View Post
    Maybe they can get him a decent tight end. He's been throwing to trash all these years.

Like that Ebron guy who only has 12 TDs for the Colts this season.
    Dude, come on... that’s as much a mystery to me as it is everybody else with a pair of eyes in this city. We all saw the drops. Maybe that dude just didn’t want to be here? Maybe he had a moment of clarity and refocused himself... who the hell knows, but Ebron sucked ass when he was here and that has nothing to do with anything other than Eric Ebron.

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

I think there is a cultural issue there. It seems like a lot of the players spend a lot of time celebrating their personal successful plays even when the Lions are getting killed. You know, if we are down by 21, and you make a tackle that is still a 2-yard gain for the team we are playing, maybe you shouldn't do a touchdown dance? I don't know. What do I know, though, I have never been to a super bowl either.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

even jeopardy questions now on these lions
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Caldwell watching this lions season.....

Thread Information