Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: House Siding Referrals

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Holy balls! $15,000 to side your house? That's insane. I ended up doing my garage myself because I thought $1500 was too much.

-Geoff
    Yessir - it's asinine, but it's a monsterous job....heck, garage alone is 30x40, and 2 stories tall. I'd love to tackle it, but I just won't have the time. I am balls-to-the-wall right now between the projects I've taken on there (wired the whole thing myself, will be framing the porches, etc) and prepping my current place for sale. Want to list the current place in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    Anyone have a referral for a GOOD siding guy to side my new construction? House is located in Romeo.

We had to not use the guy we had lined up as he wanted payment up front, which we're not comfortable with (my GC is providing the materials, so it was labor only). Sorry, but I am not paying you upfront for labor that you promise to do.

Are you on the Milan buy/sell Facebook page? I used a guy from the Milan sight 5 years ago or so. I can't find his phone number. I think his name was Frank and he lived in Warren. If you're on the that page try posting on there.
    Last edited by capone; 09-02-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by capone View Post
    Are you on the Milan buy/sell Facebook page? I used a guy from the Milan sight 5 years ago or so. I can't find his phone number. I think his name was Frank and he lived in Warren. If you're on the that page try posting on there.
    Not on there, but I'll definitely take a look to see if I can find him. Thanks!

Mopar guy? Very raspy smokers voice? If so, I think his last name is Scalzi. It’s been years since I talked to him, but I seem to remember him having a siding business.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH View Post
    Mopar guy? Very raspy smokers voice? If so, I think his last name is Scalzi. It’s been years since I talked to him, but I seem to remember him having a siding business.

Dennis
    Yes that's him.

I hate to say it, but do the siding yourself. As long as it is wrapped, you have time to do it yourself. If there is a guy you spot that seems to be doing decent work on the site ask him if he's allowed to do a side job as the hard part with siding is doing the trim work. So if you can find someone to do the trim work while you're running courses it'll go fairly quick. Right now everyone is busy trying to wrap up jobs they already have. I have found very few people that do a good job putting on any kind of siding that isn't a stone facade. Siding is one of the few places where shit work shows up for decades and it isn't easy to fix later.

Check out 3G Gutters... They do all outside...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    I hate to say it, but do the siding yourself. As long as it is wrapped, you have time to do it yourself. If there is a guy you spot that seems to be doing decent work on the site ask him if he's allowed to do a side job as the hard part with siding is doing the trim work. So if you can find someone to do the trim work while you're running courses it'll go fairly quick. Right now everyone is busy trying to wrap up jobs they already have. I have found very few people that do a good job putting on any kind of siding that isn't a stone facade. Siding is one of the few places where shit work shows up for decades and it isn't easy to fix later.
    I'd love to, but really don't have the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
    Check out 3G Gutters... They do all outside...
    Cool - I will check them out, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH View Post

Dennis
    Yes that's him.
    Thanks guys - I'll see if I can find him.

Forum Member

Frank Scalzi? I found a Frank & Sons Siding & Windows in Madison Heights

why are contractors so booked up? Are lots of people siding houses right now?

Thread Information