Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: road workers' labor stoppage

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    dam Denny you seem awfully butt hurt, let me guess daddy won’t give you a raise lol.
    Someone is butt hurt, and hint: his name is Mike.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

dam Denny you seem awfully butt hurt, let me guess daddy won’t give you a raise lol.

If I wanted a raise, I would ask for one.. I wouldn't pay someone to ask for me while I go on strike and then complain about other people trying to get my job that may or may not have the same ideology as me... Hey maybe someday I'll do that. Maybe that's what the grown folks do?

Last time I got a raise was 9-10 years ago and it was my first raise since starting in 2001. My family, who I work for, found out I got approved for a home loan and was home shopping on my entry level wages.(Tier 1??).. One uncle in particular said he was going to see if he could get me a raise to "help out"...they took a vote and approved it. I assume they were impressed that I had my shit together, maybe not... I could have swung the mortgage without a raise but it sure did help sleep easier once I signed those papers. It sounds like the union is your family, that's alright with me. Just think of me as a tier 2 worker I guess!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

I'm a non-union employee (blue collar engineering side) and I supervise many union employees. Some are good and some ride the coat tails of the union.

However, every single time the union negotiates something, our efficiency goes straight to hell and there is always some asshole throwing a wrench in the works trying to stop and change everything because they want it their way.

My whole family is/was in the UAW or another union and I'm glad to say that I am not.

sorry to hear that Sal, like I said unions aren’t for everyone, sounds like some of your issues were with the company more then the union, unfortunately sounds like your stewards weren’t doing there jobs. My brother had the same experience as you, did a stint in the iron workers union and didn’t like it, quit and went into business for him self and has done well. I’ve got nothing against guys going out and making a living but I have no love for the scabs trying to swop in on a union job and push a guy out and do it for less while the other guys just trying to better himself.
    It was 50/50... 324 sought me out and promised me a better life before and after retirement... first company they set me up with barley worked me 3 days a week... come to find out the company over hired operators. So 324 set me up with another company that had the same bs problems and more... all in a while the 324 rep kept coming around wanting their start up / yearly dues monies..
    Last edited by Wizeguy; 09-30-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    SAL

Thread Information