Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Garage Builder

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    Well, if you know anyone who does it and will call me back, let me know because I am ready.

Gary
    Unfortunately I don't. Inhad a guy lined up first couple months of this year and then he kept blowing me off and finally turned into a ghost. I found another guy around June, and he told me he MIGHT be able to help me in October.

Her is the guy that’s done my brothers cement and some work for my dad and sister, JOSE 1 (313) 732-7706‬

Quote Originally Posted by camaromann View Post
    Unfortunately I don't. Inhad a guy lined up first couple months of this year and then he kept blowing me off and finally turned into a ghost. I found another guy around June, and he told me he MIGHT be able to help me in October.
    I had the exact same thing happen. Guy lined up in the spring for a june pour. Kept pushing it out and then never returns calls. Its hard to even get somebody to call you back much less get the work done

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    Yes, I am trying to get quotes - 2 out of about 10 have responded and they were both within $50 at a little more than 4K.

Edit - I just had the Tuff Shed recommended concrete guy call me back and he was also at 4K. Since he was recommended by Tuff Shed, he took $500 off, so he is at $3500 and he is licensed and all that.

grr
    Tuff shed seems to have it competitive. I kno whom I'd refer could not beat concrete guy.

He will only have to do 2ft deep rat walls 8 inches wide unless his city code is much different then mine. That's 4.2 yards at 130 a yard. 16x24 at 4 inch thick is 4.7 yards. I dont remeber if the cement for flat work was more or less money then a footing mix. Say it's also 130. He will only have 9yds @$130 a yard for $1,170 plus rebar. Sp a little over $1,200 in material for rat wall and floor. I cant speak on the labor portion though. Shouldnt be too much though.
    You'll be waving at cement trucks drive by you at those prices...
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    You'll be waving at cement trucks drive by you at those prices...
    Well when I called they shouldnt have given me those prices and asked when I wanted it delivered i guess. How much are you laying per yard then? That's from 3 different cement companies in this area.

I sent out a lot of RFQ's for my barn build and didn't get many responses. I think I got one quote but it was very high. I ended up doing it myself.

Well when I called they shouldnt have given me those prices and asked when I wanted it delivered i guess. How much are you laying per yard then? That's from 3 different cement companies in this area.
    No you're right there is one or two Eastside guys that are probably sell them at that price... there might be a little price drop right now because of a union strike and they're not selling as much concrete but soon as they fire back up the smaller companies won't be able to get much oncrete
    SAL

Thread Information