Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice, epoxy floors/4-post lift.

Quote Originally Posted by lethalss View Post
    I won't need it for a while, but, if prices are going up, perhaps I should.

I was going to get a bendpak but a friend got an off-brand one installed for around 2k, I felt like that was a pretty good deal.
    I have one of the Chinese 4 posts from aresco (I bought used off a Motown member)
    No problems with it. Svtsinr has same one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledder View Post
    I got a 4 post from Aresco in Pontiac. 8000 lb, extra long, extra tall, about $2400. Had them assemble it too. As was mentioned it comes with a caster kit so you can wheel it around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I have one of the Chinese 4 posts from aresco (I bought used off a Motown member)
    No problems with it. Svtsinr has same one.
    Awesome to here you guys both used them - are you happy with the quality? Anything you feel like you forgot/should have added?

This will be holding a sports car

It’s fine for me so far,

The alum ramps would be nice. The sliding jack too. I’m looking for one of them now. But for storage that stuff wouldn’t be needed

Mine works good. Use it mostly for storage but will run the car, jeep, etc up on it if I need to. Actually bought two of them. One for home and one for the pole barn up north. I did make some floor panels between the ramps for the lift up north to make it easier to store the smaller things like snowmobiles, lawn tractors, brush hogs and the like. Out of season stuff up on the lift. Should hold a sports car no problem. Run the 7.3 super duty (about 6000 lbs) up on the one with no problem.
    image.jpeg

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

Mine works good. Use it mostly for storage but will run the car, jeep, etc up on it if I need to. Actually bought two of them. One for home and one for the pole barn up north. I did make some floor panels between the ramps for the lift up north to make it easier to store the smaller things like snowmobiles, lawn tractors, brush hogs and the like. Out of season stuff up on the lift. Should hold a sports car no problem. Run the 7.3 super duty (about 6000 lbs) up on the one with no problem.
    image.jpeg
    Nice - so these do not need to be secured to the floor??

Quote Originally Posted by lethalss View Post
    Nice - so these do not need to be secured to the floor??
    No. It does come with the hardware to anchor it if you want, but not necessary. They also come with a wheel/caster kit that, when used, allows the lift to be moved. With the wheels on, when the lift is lowered all the way down the weight of the lift acts on a lever and raises the base about an inch so you can move it. Wheels are easy on/off.

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

Club Member

You can see one of the wheels hanging on the left column.
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

No. It does come with the hardware to anchor it if you want, but not necessary. They also come with a wheel/caster kit that, when used, allows the lift to be moved. With the wheels on, when the lift is lowered all the way down the weight of the lift acts on a lever and raises the base about an inch so you can move it. Wheels are easy on/off.
    Wow, that's, awesome? lol. Never knew that was a possibility. I always thought it had to be anchored. How stable is it when driving a car up onto it when it's not anchored down? How does it not move?

nvm found this video, explained a lot. Neat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7VCCJeTSZA

Ok, knowing it can roll around now, I need to get the floors done fo sho. Do you guys have any recommendation on someone for that, or, since it's already been done once to my garage, would it be easy to just re-do myself?

This sparked my interest. Are these suitable for working on a car? Curious what kind of room you have underneath between the rails.

Thread Information