Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Recommendation/referral for moving company?

  1. #1
    Club Member Beigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    I am here >x<
    Posts
    5,165

    Default Recommendation/referral for moving company?

    Any companies that you'd recommend [or not recommend] that operate on a Sunday that do disassembling/assembling & moving of goods from one house to another?

    If it matters, location is in Macomb & is for a prior service vet.

  2. #2
    Club Member Kryp2nitE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Shelby Twp
    Posts
    311

    Default

    I would NOT recommend ABF truck service where you take the front of the truck and they use the rear for a commercial haul. I feel like we sealed up our boxes pretty well and Iím not sure what they hauled but we had some strong smells and had to bug bomb when we dropped it off to storage unit.

    They were the cheapest and you get what you pay for sometimes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    74 Charger 440/727
    91 Spirit R/T TIII/a568
    95 Ram Cummins 12v/47RH

  3. #3
    Club Member Beigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    I am here >x<
    Posts
    5,165

    Default

    ok. Definitely will not use them. Wouldn't want to have any issues with the couple of bed assemblies & living room furniture being infested with something.

  4. #4
    Club Member Kryp2nitE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Shelby Twp
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    ok. Definitely will not use them. Wouldn't want to have any issues with the couple of bed assemblies & living room furniture being infested with something.
    It was a long move from San Diego to Pontiac so that may have been apart of it but yes if I could avoid it I would. The upack where they drop a pod off my be better.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    74 Charger 440/727
    91 Spirit R/T TIII/a568
    95 Ram Cummins 12v/47RH

  5. #5
    Club Member Beigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    I am here >x<
    Posts
    5,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryp2nitE View Post
    It was a long move from San Diego to Pontiac so that may have been apart of it but yes if I could avoid it I would. The upack where they drop a pod off my be better.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do you know if upack offers the full service of disassembling/assembling & carrying the items from the old place to the new place? The person looking for movers is limited as to what they can do physically. I skimmed there site of frequently asked questions but it didn't have the answer in there.

  6. #6
    Club Member Kryp2nitE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Shelby Twp
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    do you know if upack offers the full service of disassembling/assembling & carrying the items from the old place to the new place? The person looking for movers is limited as to what they can do physically. I skimmed there site of frequently asked questions but it didn't have the answer in there.
    I just asked my finance who did all the legwork, she did say it was available for the upack that she remembered.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    74 Charger 440/727
    91 Spirit R/T TIII/a568
    95 Ram Cummins 12v/47RH

  7. #7
    Club Member Beigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    I am here >x<
    Posts
    5,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryp2nitE View Post
    I just asked my finance who did all the legwork, she did say it was available for the upack that she remembered.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I sent upack an inquiry just to make sure.

  8. #8
    Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    We used http://bigguyforhire.com/ but we rented our own truck. They're hourly, we only paid for them to help us load/unload the truck we rented, but I think they're able to do a lot more than that.
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

  9. #9
    Club Member capone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clinton Township, MI
    Posts
    2,309

    Default

    Steve (13SECSS) might be able to help with a recommendation.

  10. #10
    Club Member Beigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    I am here >x<
    Posts
    5,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRuleZ View Post
    We used http://bigguyforhire.com/ but we rented our own truck. They're hourly, we only paid for them to help us load/unload the truck we rented, but I think they're able to do a lot more than that.
    Thanks, I passed the info along. Not sure if it's economically feasible after looking at the pricing structure, but they'd have to make that determination.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •