Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foo Fighters

Default Foo Fighters

Went to the show last night... Holy shit it was amazing. Probably the best rock concert I've been to. Main floor at LCA standing for the opening act at 730 til FF finished at like 1145

I can imagine that being pretty good. Who opened? I stopped getting Ticketmaster updates and that's probably a good thing for my wallet!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Gang of Youths opened. They really weren't my type of music but they were ok.

Foo Fighters absolutely rocked. I don't know how Dave can still scream like that every night and continue to do it day after day, year after year. This was the first time I had been to LCA so we walked around a bit before the show. Seems like a decent upgrade from The Palace and a huge leap from JLA.
    Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70 View Post
    Gang of Youths opened. They really weren't my type of music but they were ok.

Foo Fighters absolutely rocked. I don't know how Dave can still scream like that every night and continue to do it day after day, year after year. This was the first time I had been to LCA so we walked around a bit before the show. Seems like a decent upgrade from The Palace and a huge leap from JLA.
    I have seen them about 10 times in the last 15 years and that was by far the best show they have ever put on. Pretty much every song they played was the extended-remix-with-a-couple-solos version, and Dave even joked that Taylor Hawkins was already doing a drum solo in every song so he didn't even need a solo.

I think Dave was losing his voice during the encore of "This is a Call" though. It sounded like he tried to let a scream out near the end out and ran out of gas. He did do a pretty short version of "Everlong" at the end, too. I have seen them bust out a 15 minute version of that in the grand finale before so maybe he was right on the edge of his voice. Either way, awesome show.

Oh yea, and before the encore - when Dave was teasing the number of songs - totally classic Dave Grohl. One more?

One more.jpg

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

The opening band wasn't my favorite but it gave me time to take like 100 pisses because I wasn't leaving once FF hit the stage. I've seen Kiss, Metallica, Kid Rock, and a ton of of bands, this blew all those away. Dave has got a crazy set of pipes. I can't imagine screaming like that for 3 hours of rock. I was about to be mad if they didn't play Everlong. Also, I was cracking up at the John Lennon cover... I just started laughing when I realized that they were actually singing Jump.

We looked up the set list from the prior show at dinner so we knew what to expect. 22 songs in 3 hours.... Amazing.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-f...-7b969e5c.html

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Went to the show last night... Holy shit it was amazing. Probably the best rock concert I've been to. Main floor at LCA standing for the opening act at 730 til FF finished at like 1145
    You stood for 4 hours? My back is hurting just reading that. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    Plus the walk fromGreektown to Founders to LCA back to Greektown.

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    Back in 2009, we saw Rush at Bayfest in Sarnia. It was general admission. We got there at 430, gates opened at 7ish, show started at 8 and was over about 11. Standing the whole time with a little bit of walking. I couldn’t do it now, my back would be done after a few hours.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Plus the walk fromGreektown to Founders to LCA back to Greektown.
    I was at Founders from about 5 until 7. Didn't see you there. Must have just missed you.

Thread Information