Thread: Anyone have the Ford IDS program that can fix PATS system?

Forum Member

Default Anyone have the Ford IDS program that can fix PATS system?

This Mustang I bought recently is doing some weird things with the PATS system and I believe the PCM may be bad.

The theft light blinks like crazy and eventually blinks a 1:6 code which means it cant see the PATS transceiver. I tried an extra known good transceiver that was removed from my other Mustang and no change.

I get +12v on the red wires at the fuel injectors and COPs but no pulsing ground. Fuel pump primes, crank position sensor is sending data, everything else works as it should, the car just will not activate either the injectors or COPs. It has had a chip installed at one point in time so im wondering if it got yanked out or something and that caused the PCM to go bad.

Ive had Lidio at Alternative Auto set me up with a base tune that has PATS disabled. I am able to flash the PCM and communicate with it, but even with the new tune, the car still does not start.

My plan is to buy a used PCM off eBay and try the tune from Lidio on that one. Theoretically, the car should start with the used PCM if PATS is disabled. If it does start, Id like to find someone that can change the VIN in the new PCM to the correct one and get it working with the PATS system in the car, so it doesnt have to be disabled.

Forum Member

What year? I have a '97 computer for an automatic if that helps.

Forum Member

2001 but thank you for the offer.

Ill call the shop I usually take my cars to and see if he has one.

New (used) PCM has be bought and I will know if that fixes the issue in a couple days.

I was going to ask about the ECM
    I had an 04 Excursion that did the same thing. Just random off, theft light would blink and nothing, not even with a programmer bypassing everything was there a way to get it going. They replaced they ECM every time and that's the only way they could get it back to functioning. I ended up getting rid of that thing because it had so many electrical issues.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RSWANNABE View Post
    I was going to ask about the ECM
    I had an 04 Excursion that did the same thing. Just random off, theft light would blink and nothing, not even with a programmer bypassing everything was there a way to get it going. They replaced they ECM every time and that's the only way they could get it back to functioning. I ended up getting rid of that thing because it had so many electrical issues.
    Cars are fucking weird sometimes.

Im 99% sure the PCM will fix my problem as well. If not, then I don't know what else to look at besides replacing sensors until something works.

Ive read so many threads on various forums regarding PATS and no starts in the past week or so lol. Specifically one on Modular Fords where the guy had the same problems I have and a new PCM fixed it. Fingers crossed.

Thread Information