Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on a work vehicle....

Question Need some advice on a work vehicle....

So I had the pleasure of hitting a good size deer with my Denali Sunday morning, it did quite a bit of damage and I have the feeling it will be totaled by the insurance company. That said I drive 138 miles a day to and from work and am gonna be looking for something more fuel efficient and still comfortable and domestic, probably front wheel drive or awd. What are your opinions?

Are you loyal to any single brand? Are you looking for new or used? 140 miles is a ton of driving, would you go with a car?

Maybe look at a Fusion or Taurus if you want a bigger car. The Escape is small but pretty good on fuel, get a newer model the early DP6S trans caused a lot of driver issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Are you loyal to any single brand? Are you looking for new or used? 140 miles is a ton of driving, would you go with a car?

Maybe look at a Fusion or Taurus if you want a bigger car. The Escape is small but pretty good on fuel, get a newer model the early DP6S trans caused a lot of driver issues.
    im pretty open on brand as long as it’s something domestic, I work for Fca so foreign car parking is far from the door lol. I’m a big guy 6’ 320lb so I do need a little room lol. Don’t want to buy new just to run the miles up and kill the warranty in a year.

Focus ST

Previous gen Impala's (through 2013 or so) are large, comfortable, and get good mileage (30ish). There was a year or two before the new models where you could get the new V6 (3.6 l) in them too. They built that thing forever - I think that body style started in 1998 - so they had most of the bugs worked out if you get a relatively new one.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...15769305815776 this on FB marketplace
    Was eyeing it for myself, for a MIL ride. but will pass.
    2004 Ford Taurus SE Sedan 4D
    Plymouth, MI · over a week ago ·
    $4,200
    How This Price Compares
    Kelley Blue Book® Private Party Value
    $4,200
    Low
    High
    $2,500 – $3,925
    Price range for similar Ford Taurus in excellent condition · How It's Calculated
    About This Vehicle
    Driven 27,386 miles
    Automatic transmission
    Exterior color: Blue
    18 MPG city · 25 MPG highway · 21 MPG combined

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70 View Post
    Focus ST
    He won't fit very well. I test drove the Focus ST prior to buying my Fiesta ST and the Fiesta has more leg room up front. In the Focus, my knee and leg kept hitting the center console any time I'd lift off of the gas pedal. I'm only 6' and 185lb FWIW.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Charger/Flex/Taurus... if you get a v6 non sporty model you're going to get a lot of options, a big car, and a low price. They should all get 25mpg on the highway. My neighbors had a flex and a Taurus and they are big cars well suited for his 6 ft 3 260lb frame. Sorry about the dear, glad you didn't get hurt. I just thanked a hunter the other day for taking one out and putting it in his freezer.. I was like..." you just saved a drivers life!!"
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

4th gen Jeep GC, 5th gen Explorer, or 1st gen 13+ GMC Acadia Denali/2nd gen 17+ GMC Acadia.

Tells you something when a guy who works for FCA doesn't drive something from FCA.

Thread Information