Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on a work vehicle....

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post

FWIW - The guy on CL over in Roseville listing the Flex isn't truly a "private party," he will admit to being a "broker" when confronted so YMMV if you're looking to save a buck or two...do your homework 1st !

Quote Originally Posted by COBRA90GT View Post
    FWIW - The guy on CL over in Roseville listing the Flex isn't truly a "private party," he will admit to being a "broker" when confronted so YMMV if you're looking to save a buck or two...do your homework 1st !
    if they're flipping vehicles & disclose what all is known while the price being within reason, I wouldnt see an issue. ??

Well the truck was totaled, I agreed to a fair offer and bought the truck back, I’ll fix it and drive it through the winter and get a smaller car in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    Well the truck was totaled, I agreed to a fair offer and bought the truck back, I’ll fix it and drive it through the winter and get a smaller car in the spring.
    Good deal that way you are not going to be rushed to buy something else. Let me know if you need any help finding any parts to fix your truck. I spend a lot of time in u- pull junk yards on my days off pulling parts to sell on Ebay. (That's how I pay for my car hobby).

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by capone View Post
    Good deal that way you are not going to be rushed to buy something else. Let me know if you need any help finding any parts to fix your truck. I spend a lot of time in u- pull junk yards on my days off pulling parts to sell on Ebay. (That's how I pay for my car hobby).

Matt
    thanks for the offer Matt, that’s a good ideal to support the cause lol.

!flamesuiton! get a Prius.

They are cheap, Super reliable, 45mpg, you can shoot an AK47 out the window with no plate on it while smoking a joint and never get pulled over. It's actually a pretty nice car other than it's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    it’s like you know me lol, what kind of truck do you drive?
    Sierra with a 6.2L/8L90e with 3.42 cogs. The trick is to keep it under 80. It doesn't reach 2000 RPM until you go 84. If you drive under 70 it'll go into 4 cylinder mode and get 21-23. If you can keep it 50-65 it does 24 pretty easy. Best this year was 23.8mpg up and down M52. Last year best was 28.8 driving up north between Traverse City and Rogers City and back to Petoskey.

Around town (Ann Arbor traffic) it gets 16-17. The way I drive I get 17-18 between Chelsea and Jackson. The worst tank I got in the last 68,000 miles was 14.5 and that was in the winter using remote start liberally and driving on I94 on the speed limiter.

I had a loaner 5.3L/6L80e that I drove for two tanks and it actually got worse (12mpg) gas mileage. I think it's because the 6.2L has insane torque so around town you never really have to be in the throttle unless you want to be across the intersection before anyone else's brake lights come off at the traffic light. At highway speeds the 5.3L/6L80e has to spin faster to hold 80+ and downshifts at each mole hill.

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post

They are cheap, Super reliable, 45mpg, you can shoot an AK47 out the window with no plate on it while smoking a joint and never get pulled over. It's actually a pretty nice car other than it's boring.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post

This is all I could think of when I read the thread title - it's the obvious choice. I'm on the opposite side of the fence though, I drive a Toyota and you couldn't pay me to drive a GM vehicle. When I read the OP was a bigger dude, all I could think of was the Toyota Avalon. Extremely underrated.

Chrisfix recently put up a video on how to replace the battery packs on a Prius. Not that I’d attempt it, but it was a good video. Not even sure why I watched it when I don’t even plan to own one.

What about a Ford Cmax in the future? For when you retire that Tahoe.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Thread Information