6. You may not vote on this poll
  • One Large Raffle prize......i.e. Pistol -- M&P9 2.0

2 33.33%
  • Several small prizes with more winners

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motown Muscle Christmas party raffle feeler

Default Motown Muscle Christmas party raffle feeler

Looking to do more raffles this year at the Christmas party to help raise funds for the club to offset the out of pocket costs that it incurs to fund the Christmas party.

Last year i raffled off a couple of handguns, but the second gun was a close call to get enough cards sold to make it happen, so my question for those interested is:

Would you all rather see another pistol raffle where we do one big prize, or i can raffle off a bunch of the Aero Precision stripped receiver build sets i have listed in the yard sale section. I figure we could do 4 of those sets for the same cost as one pistol, allowing more potential winners. And George(Torxilla) has stepped up to add a few "lots" of ammo for raffle prizes.

I'm leaning towards the lowers idea, as it would allow more prizes, and essentially sell spots until we decide to call it, then pull all the winners at once instead of hassling folks to try to sell tickets to be able to make a raffle happen. Those that want to buy can buy, and we pull winners and be done, so we would draw a bunch of AR receiver winners, then the ammo winners for George's donations, and call it good.

Unless i hear from everyone that they prefer one large pistol as a prize, but i know Pistols can be very unique to some's tastes, and could be harder to do? AR receivers are easy and are the bones of any AR15 build, and then i can get you set up for the rest of the parts to finish the build.

I'll leave this one open for about a week before i need to get the raffle started for those that want to pre-buy tickets, so let's see what the masses say..
    Jason

Firearm & Class 3 Sales/Service/Transfer/Customizing

Any options for entertaining knives in the raffle?
    I like the idea of a handgun raffle if i had to pick.

I have some Kershaw Knives in stock i can throw into the raffles like i did last year, but nothing ZT or higher end stuff, as i haven't ordered in awhile. I try to keep low inventory, as money in inventory isn't paying the bills, and the FFL is a part-time hobby. I would love to do suppressor raffles, but we just don't have the huge following to justify or even sell enough tickets for a suppressor raffle i think.
    Jason

19x
    And
    Couple lowers
    I’ll go in on all 3

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    19x
    And
    Couple lowers
    I’ll go in on all 3
    First off.......

As long as you come to the party this year sir....

and......

We would need to sell a whole lotta tickets to clear all of that. I'm not opposed to that idea, but it takes ticket sales to make that happen, hell, I have been toying with the idea of grabbing a G19x, but it no haz threaded barrel. Figure Reiko is good for 10-20 tickets.......i keed i keed. But dude does win the stuffs.

If we did two separate decks, one for the pistol, and one for the lowers, we would be fine. Then put all the cards into the can to draw for the donations that George gave, and i can scrounge up some knives as well? Want to make this fun and raise party money, but not make this a full-time job that has me pimping tickets instead of letting everyone enjoy the party. I know a bunch of guys that are Motown guys that don't frequent the forum would probably buy-in. I should/could post the raffle info to the FB page to spread the word, and get folks back here to get tickets, without mentioning bad dangerous words that scare FBers.
    Jason

Nothing againts Reiko but shouldn't there be a limit on how may one can buy? I'm all about odds... if i would of known my chances 0 to none on winning anything last year, i dont think i would of bought 3 tickets
    SAL

Pisses excellence cASe SenSiTive's Avatar

In for either, but voted for the stripped receiver sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    Nothing againts Reiko but shouldn't there be a limit on how may one can buy? I'm all about odds... if i would of known my chances 0 to none on winning anything last year, i dont think i would of bought 3 tickets
    If we put a limit on how many tickets one can buy, then it makes it harder to get enough actual people to buy tickets. Reiko had equal amount of tickets in each drawing last year, and he only won one of the pistols. He split his tickets to allow others get in on the Sig drawing. if we limit to 3 per person, then we have to get at least 18 different people involved to make just one raffle happen. If we allow unlimited tickets, then you can choose which drawing you want to throw your tickets into. We just have to sell enough to clear the raffle amount and still get some money to the club. We have enough items this year between me and George that we can do two "decks of cards" essentially i hope. I already have the receiver sets, knives, then George's ammo, so that raffle would be the easiest, but if their is enough interest in a large item, i can do both. We had enough tickets last year sold to do it.

My pipe dream would be......................

1 large item raffle.......M&P9 or G19

then another deck of cards that is a bunch of receiver sets

After all those are done, then i draw for some knives and George's ammo, like i did last year. After all the drawings were done last year, i threw all the cards that had not won into the bucket and drew a couple knife winners for knives i donated. This year, we should be able to do ammo, ammo, ammo, knife, knife for the "consolation drawings"

But as of now, i only have two votes for smaller prizes, so that would be an easier task to accomplish already. But we have a week to vote, and i'll roll with it. Spread the word so we can sell as many tickets as possible. My mind escapes me right now, but i think last year i was able to give Nick approx. $250 towards the party costs. I would love to repeat that this year for the club, if not give back more.

If this goes as well as i hope, i would like to do another raffle like this for the Woodward parking lot, and really help offset the cost of the lot, especially if we try to get the lot catered this year since Nick and Sara will have a baby to deal with.
    Jason

Probably won’t make it. I txted nick the dates I was free.

Won’t know till we are closer meow

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Probably won’t make it. I txted nick the dates I was free.

Won’t know till we are closer meow
    You wouldn't make it either way... Just like last year

Thread Information