Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a New (to Me) 1968 Mustang Fastback

sweet! my buddy is doing one up right now. His is going modern muscle, he wanted to do a TT5.0, but you need to hack up the strut towers to get that to fit. I think he decided on a TT EFI 351 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ultradriver10000 View Post
    sweet! my buddy is doing one up right now. His is going modern muscle, he wanted to do a TT5.0, but you need to hack up the strut towers to get that to fit. I think he decided on a TT EFI 351 or something.
    My old co-worker is doing a 65/66 coupe (can't remember). He has the same plan, 5.0 Coyote, TT, mini tubs etc.

Gary, I'm drooling over the 68!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    My old co-worker is doing a 65/66 coupe (can't remember). He has the same plan, 5.0 Coyote, TT, mini tubs etc.

Gary, I'm drooling over the 68!

X2 - That would make at least two of us!

Add a third here, I'm drooling too.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

cool car!
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

That's awesome. I wish I woulda been smart enough in high school to keep mine for a later date resto.

A mysterious figure named Darko DarkoStoj's Avatar

Ah, thanks for all the kind words guys!

I am in fact, the lucky friend of Gary. He knows these cars backwards and forwards and I am really happy to have the car in his hands.

I bought the car when I was in High School from a friend of mine for $5k. His parents bought the car for him to restore, but he quickly lost interest and I offered to buy it from him as a basket case in his parents barn. It came from Chicago and had been sitting in a barn with a blown engine who knows how long.

Since this car was so nice, I knew I wanted to do it up the right way. I didn't touch the car until I knew I was going to have the money to put the car together the way it deserved.

I am grateful I waited, if I would have done it when I was younger it would have been cut up and ruined. Now it can be done up nice and stock.

That’s awesome Darko, after seeing pictures of the other cars Gary has put his hands on it should turn out to be a show winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool

The envy just keeps growing

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoStoj View Post
    Ah, thanks for all the kind words guys!

I am in fact, the lucky friend of Gary. He knows these cars backwards and forwards and I am really happy to have the car in his hands.

I bought the car when I was in High School from a friend of mine for $5k. His parents bought the car for him to restore, but he quickly lost interest and I offered to buy it from him as a basket case in his parents barn. It came from Chicago and had been sitting in a barn with a blown engine who knows how long.

Since this car was so nice, I knew I wanted to do it up the right way. I didn't touch the car until I knew I was going to have the money to put the car together the way it deserved.

I am grateful I waited, if I would have done it when I was younger it would have been cut up and ruined. Now it can be done up nice and stock.
    No shit.

That’s awesome

Killer car man!

Thread Information