Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RC car guys... Need input

Default RC car guys... Need input

It's been quite a while since I have been in the hobby.

I picked up a used Team Associated RC10B44.2 a couple years ago. It doesn't have a receiver so I'm kind of casually in the market. I have an old AM Futaba and an FM Magnum radios. Should I try to get a receiver to work with my current out of date stuff or what do you recommend for a newer brand? I was browsing at Larry's RC today and they seem to range from $200-?????

Also, I was looking at a short course truck for my 10 yr old, any suggestions on brand? I think it would be cool to get something that wasn't preassembled if that's even possible anymore.

I Run spektrum stuff in all of mine and really like it. Nice because you can just buy more recievers and use the same radio for all of your cars.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektru...pm5100/p710319

As far as short course trucks they are all pretty damn good. I have had a slash, losi and Team associated. It all depends on what you want to do i guess. I personally prefer the 4wd stuff unless you are exclusivley racing them. More fun in the backyard and just having fun than the 2wd stuff.

Pretty sure that both Associated and losi both still sell TEAM style trucks that you actually build. Just becomes pricey when you have to buy all the stuff seperate. Again makes sense if you are a hardcore racer. But most of the RTR stuff now comes with good stuff that is very fast and reliable (brushless motors, good speed controllers and good radio/reciever)
    Last edited by draggingto; 01-06-2019 at 11:15 PM.

just make a trip to larrys rc, they have kits still

i found a truck that takes individual lith ion batterys goes 25 mph and a rtr good deal
    Last edited by dline; 02-10-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    just make a trip to larrys rc, they have kits still

i found a truck that takes individual lith ion batterys goes 25 mph and was $99 rtr good deal
    What kind of truck??

arrma voltage
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

My current fleet is an old boat from the 90s, RC10GT Team truck, RC10T3, HPI Nitro RS4-3, and the RC10B44.2

I was looking at a few trucks at Larry's. I think Traxxas had a SC truck for $120 with everything. I missed the Arma Voltage. I have a feeling I'll be back up there within a few weeks to buy additional stuff lol.

Any of the newer radios are so much nicer than even the best futaba fm from in the day. You should be able to get a complete radio for around $50.

If not, I can look and see what kinda fm receivers I have laying around. I may be able to donate.

Forum Member

Larry's had a fly sky radio setup for 80ish I believe, 2.4 ghz. Has a few nice bells and whistles, I got one for my 5th scale hpi baja and love it, it's got ABS and makes stopping a 40lbs machine so much easier... also you should be able to find a low budget spectrum got 80-100.

I have a $50 gift card to larrys rc, would sell it for $40
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Thread Information