Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: SNOW

Club Member

My snowblower is 21 years old and has had virtually no maintenance but one new spark plug and new paddles and scraper about ten years ago. I have about three hundred feet of driveway and beat the crap out of it every year. Often starts on the first pull after sitting all summer. Fantastic machine, but does need new paddles and scraper again. Toro CCR2500 GTS. If I live 20 more years I doubt I'll have to buy a new snowblower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    My snowblower is 21 years old and has had virtually no maintenance but one new spark plug and new paddles and scraper about ten years ago. I have about three hundred feet of driveway and beat the crap out of it every year. Often starts on the first pull after sitting all summer. Fantastic machine, but does need new paddles and scraper again. Toro CCR2500 GTS. If I live 20 more years I doubt I'll have to buy a new snowblower.
    When you get new paddles, get the commercial paddles. They're a tougher rubber and only run ~$10 more for the set. I paid $45 for mine with the scraper. Mine is a Toro 721.
    '16 Fiesta ST

I remember going to buy a Toro push mower in like 1988 with my dad at our new house in Mn. I used that thing until 2012/13ish, and it started on the first pull, EVERY SINGLE TIME. I swear that nothing you buy these days is even half as good...
    So hang on to it as long as you can, because all newer models will just piss you off. Lol.

Fingers crossed for 12".

My yard machines blower with a Briggs Stratton engine fires up every winter for the last 10 years. I just make sure to run it dry every spring.

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Mines older than me (I think) and it usually fires right up. I've rebuilt the carb a couple times. I guess I'll get it out of the shed and make sure it'll fire up when sno-mageddon hits tomorrow.....
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    When you get new paddles, get the commercial paddles. They're a tougher rubber and only run ~$10 more for the set. I paid $45 for mine with the scraper. Mine is a Toro 721.
    Thanks for the tip Tin. Did you order online or go to a local shop?

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    I remember going to buy a Toro push mower in like 1988 with my dad at our new house in Mn. I used that thing until 2012/13ish, and it started on the first pull, EVERY SINGLE TIME. I swear that nothing you buy these days is even half as good...
    So hang on to it as long as you can, because all newer models will just piss you off. Lol.

Fingers crossed for 12".
    I hope I'll never have to buy another one. This one is still going VERY strong.

Thanks for the tip Tin. Did you order online or go to a local shop?
    I grabbed them online from eReplacement Parts. Works good as new now. You can buy the set with or without hardware. I just reused the old hardware.
    '16 Fiesta ST

My grandpa gave me his Toro push mower and snowblower. I used them for a bit, but when we moved onto 5 acres we didn't have much a use for them. I gave them to my brother in law and he is still using them today. They have to be ~30 years old if now older and still put in work.

Quote Originally Posted by SE Michigan Snowcast
    Red - 7" to 10" - Would not be shocked if we hear 12"+ totals in areas, due to the high ratios, due to the cold and QPF

Blue - 5" to 8" - Now, if some serious heavy banding happens while temps are in the teens here, there could be some isolated higher spots!

Yellow - 3" to 6" - Just concerned about some drier air and some possible mixing of rain and or sleet, or possibly changing over to one of those after noon.

Green - 2" to 5" - Really depends if the dry air makes it’s way up, and if indeed, I am right, and we see a mix or plain rain at some point in the afternoon!
    50934400_1176063082568498_6267729131778080768_n.png
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Thread Information