Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gt500

I think the car is sick! I could care less about the manual, I just want performance!

--Joe

damn it! I was looking to get a viper in the next couple years, now I might have to change those plans for a gt500.
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Thanks to Mr Shaun Day for his work on that transmission

Quote Originally Posted by wikdsvt View Post
    damn it! I was looking to get a viper in the next couple years, now I might have to change those plans for a gt500.
    As much of a Ford guy as I am, the Viper is still close to the top on my dream car list.

How much is the new GT500? I quickly looked but probably missed it.

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Will probably have my "man card" taken away for saying this but it's hard for me to get excited about a car that i will never be able to afford.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

A mysterious figure named Darko DarkoStoj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Thanks to Mr Shaun Day for his work on that transmission
    So what's the deal with the trans? I love Dual clutch transmissions, and this is the first Domestic car that has one...I could possibly think about picking one up.

The deal with the DCT in the GT500 is that you can pick your own gears, or just set the dial to "Auto" and it will act just like the trans in your F150 or whatever.
    If you put it in "M", this bastard shifts faster than you can blink. No hyperbole. I understand the guys who prefer a manual. I like mine for the cruiser. But there are virtually NO high-end performance cars left with a true manual option. A professional racer, with the reflexes of a cat, has no hope of shifting this car as fast as the electronics can.
    I've put over 2 years into this program. All the stuff you guys are reading is toned down and homogenized. This thing truly is a beast.
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

A mysterious figure named Darko DarkoStoj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldbutNew View Post
    The deal with the DCT in the GT500 is that you can pick your own gears, or just set the dial to "Auto" and it will act just like the trans in your F150 or whatever.
    If you put it in "M", this bastard shifts faster than you can blink. No hyperbole. I understand the guys who prefer a manual. I like mine for the cruiser. But there are virtually NO high-end performance cars left with a true manual option. A professional racer, with the reflexes of a cat, has no hope of shifting this car as fast as the electronics can.
    I've put over 2 years into this program. All the stuff you guys are reading is toned down and homogenized. This thing truly is a beast.
    I'm familiar with the DCT, I have a few cars with them. I love them. I'm just surprised it took this long for a US performance car to finally get one.

When you start getting old (not that I am), you start thinking, man, driving a stick every day sure sounds like a pain in the ass. Throw in a bad knee and/or a bad hip, and driving a stick quickly becomes a thing you used to do when you were young. And lets face it, who has the money for a new car like that except for mostly old timers anyways?

I am still surprised that in the era of EBIT, profit margins, and 10% margin that the US car companies can still make cars like this. Big cheers to Ford for carrying the torch!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information