Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: project Family Cruiser

Default project Family Cruiser

This is my 73 pontiac ventura 4 door PROJECT!
    1st the story,
    Roughtly 2 years ago i bought a 79 camaro roller,decided to do a track only car,spent some time gathering parts for a motor,watched a craigslist ad for a disassembled pontiac 400 w/extras.After 2 months i called,went there purchased a arp studded 400 block .060 over w/forged pistons,rods,crank...everything..,complete march pulley set,complete edelbrock polished fin vc's,air cleaner,breathers and performer intake and a fresh set of 6x heads for $125 bucks.
    Decide to use a off the shelf cam that was spec near a nitrous grind and spray it,hand port and gasket match everything,get this all together break in the cam,pull it out the garage once to sweep the floor,the next day looked on craigslist,seen this,bought this pulled the motor/trans sold the camaro,pulled the motor/trans,driver s doors(both rusted out bad),gas tank,fule,brake lines etc...off the ventura, Wire brush/wheel most of the undercarriage,brush on rust reformer then brush on rusty metal primer,im actually getting on this,i have to make it a roller asap,so progress will come,i have a lot of things i wana do to this,i need to change the cam before the motor goes in,i will be tucking and trimming the front bumper to fit the body,possible roll pan for the rear,if i can make it look right! or t&t the rear also,led the tail lights,and on &on.Paint!HOW DO U PAINT A 4 DOOR TO MAKE IT LOOK COOL,im thinkin two tone w/3rd as a pin stripe/body line/design strip thingamacbobber,ANY ideas on paint are WANTED,i have never seen a sweet paint scheme on a 4dr x body,any way,progress comeing..
    Last edited by lone racer; 02-14-2012 at 11:14 PM.

sweet

Forum Member

Any thoughts on shaving the rear door handles or possibly going with a black tint on the rear door windows?

I like the door handles,they might get painted to hide them alittle,and the kids will need them.The chrome trim around the front and back windows,window frame and post will most likely be blacked out with f/r tint.
    Kinda thinkin a burnt orange and silver lotsa flake,and tint the clear.
    the garage is calling me.

was this thing on groesbeck across from the clinton twp police station?

no,some guy in scs.

droped the sub-frame,everything came apart-no prob(1year 5cans of liquid wrench sprayed everywhere generously bi-weekly in prep for disassembly)
    will take pix tomorrow before i start disass..cleanin,replace... then rust reformer, 2 coats of rust oleum rusty metal prime.

Default little progress

going to start taking this apart alittle bit to get all the crud i can off,fix the floor,paint the floor,paint some of the sub-frame,remount sub frame(I have to wait to finish the front till after its a roller),then on to the rearend.

Any one have paint ideas?

Sorry about lack of progress,dad's haveing a hard time with chemo and he just bought a house i had to get ready for inspection,and move him in ,so hopefully soon my stuff will get attention.

Cool project. Nobody gives a shit about your project car when your dad is sick. Hope the treatments work for him.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Thread Information