Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sears Craftsman

Club Member

Default Sears Craftsman

Anybody shop at Sears for tools anymore? I was in there tonight to exchange a battery and it seemed like they had a lot of tools on sale 50-60% off. Craftsman 3/8 clicker torque wrench was $50. 20 piece Gear Wrench set for $50. Craftsman aluminum low profile 2 ton jack $150. Craftsman 2.5 ton compact low profile steel jack $50, etc. Even on power tools they had a four or five piece C3 lithium power tool set that came with 2 Li-Ion batteries for $170.

Some of the stuff on sale is probably as cheap as it is going to get as if they wind up liquidating, the prices will actually go UP. That has seemed to be a consistent thing at the last few stores that I was a regular shopper at that liquidated. Their going out of business "clearance" prices were actually higher than the sales prices were leading up to the liquidation.

Anyway, just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.
    Scott

Guy on yellowbullet keeps posting some of their deals. Some are crazy
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I don't even know where there is an open Sears anymore

yep no more sears around here
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Forum Member

I've been looking as I'm doing some project work now that I haven't done before. Issue is, stuff I want there is not in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 2QuickZ's View Post
    Anybody shop at Sears for tools anymore? I was in there tonight to exchange a battery and it seemed like they had a lot of tools on sale 50-60% off. Craftsman 3/8 clicker torque wrench was $50. 20 piece Gear Wrench set for $50. Craftsman aluminum low profile 2 ton jack $150. Craftsman 2.5 ton compact low profile steel jack $50, etc. Even on power tools they had a four or five piece C3 lithium power tool set that came with 2 Li-Ion batteries for $170.

Some of the stuff on sale is probably as cheap as it is going to get as if they wind up liquidating, the prices will actually go UP. That has seemed to be a consistent thing at the last few stores that I was a regular shopper at that liquidated. Their going out of business "clearance" prices were actually higher than the sales prices were leading up to the liquidation.

Anyway, just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.
    The current quality is about the same a HF, but HF isn't folding up. So as long as you have the proper warranty, it's a swap and go.

Craftsman is also sold at Lowes now: https://www.lowes.com/b/craftsman.html
    '18 Regal GS

Quote Originally Posted by RyeLou View Post
    Craftsman is also sold at Lowes now: https://www.lowes.com/b/craftsman.html
    Will Lowe's honor the warranty replacement? On the bottom of the link has a blurp about the warranty but you have to call for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    Will Lowe's honor the warranty replacement? On the bottom of the link has a blurp about the warranty but you have to call for more info.
    No idea. I was on their site for something else the other day and saw it.
    '18 Regal GS

Club Member

Hopefully they honor it better than Ace does with their receipt requirements. I know when I tried to exchange Kobalt years ago (when it was still Williams) Lowes kept trying to make me exchange the whole set instead of single tools.
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

Thread Information