Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I keep my 85 mustang, or should I buy a 2001 bullitt?

If the cost is roughly $6,000 to finish the project, I'd make the time to finish it. If 6K is all it took to finish up a project of mine, I'd be ecstatic to say the least!

Finish the 85.

Buy the Bullit ... Drive the Tires Off It
    Driven Crazy

I agree. I’d finish it off. The first time you fire it and drive down the street is worth the wait. Mostly because you did it yourself.

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

Sounds like his project car needs a complete body shop visit which is costly and time consuming. Repainting my "80's classic" will probably be really expensive which is why I've never even looked into pricing it out.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Dump the Frankenstein and drive the crap out of the bullitt.

Luckily I have good paint and a nice straight body already. It's just a tough decision I guess. I've been tossing the idea around at work with the guys for the last week or so too. The old lady doesn't like the sn95 or the new edge body much at all either..... she found a 08 bullitt and said why don't we just save up for one of them and wait it out. I don't know.

I bought my sump for the tank Thursday night from Tom craft, and I just went and bought that "bullitt" exhaust this afternoon, which turned out to be a 99-04 gt factory cat back, which actually sounded pretty good in my book as well. The stickers are still on the pipes and zero carbon in them at all. I actually think the place I bought them from parts out old test cars from the factory. They had more than one set cause they let me choose from a few different sets which ones I wanted.

I'd love to finish the 85, find a new 5.0 cruisin and run with him from a stop light. I beat a gt500 one night in my old 89 gt back in 09' and that is a feeling I still get choked up about sometimes. Couldn't touch him from a roll, but at the stop lights I'd get him by a car and a half and hold him there.

Maybe I'm afraid of striking out on this one and it not turning out. It's been a while since I had success.

Either direction you go is cool.

The Bullitt is instant gratification, the fox would be much more satisfying once it's complete.

A clean four eye is going to be worth more looking stock than converting to a later aero style. This whole Radwood movement has 80's and 90's car values rising quickly. There will be a Radwood event here just before the Dream Cruise complete with people dressed in 80's and 90's getup. Should be a good time.

I'd go for the Bullitt, save yourself the time, money, and enjoyment you could be having with a car that's already ready to have fun with.
    I like pie.

Thank you guys for your advice. I think I'm gonna keep the 85, and just see where things go. The 94-04 cars are all real reasonable in price right now too.... I'm gonna hold off on the bullitt, as I'd want that in the garage at all times, but I may see about a cheapish 01-04 gt (just cause of the hood scoop) and I won't worry about it sitting on the patio for the winter.

Thank you everyone for listening.

What's this radwood thing all about? I checked out the website you said one coming to Woodward? You have to buy tickets???

Thread Information