Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternative Auto on the 2018/2019 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Only they haven't. Lido says every other one has an issue.
    Issue when he puts a blower on it or issue that they make a lot of noise? My point was that these engines are maxed from the OEMs and won't tolerate a lot of aftermarket power - which is what he was saying in that clip. If they are noisy, that is more of a perceived quality issue - because the LS1s were noisy but performed fine. If stock motors are dropping right and left, that is a separate issue. But I didn't read that in what he wrote - he mentioned some stuff about motors being replaced, but he didn't say why. Do you know?

Customers can make a stink about noisy motors and get them replaced by the dealer. If this was happening, there should be a service bulletin out. Anyone have access to the Ford system?

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2018-f150-tsb-440373/

Theres a TSB in there that calls it normal behavior below a certain temp. Not sure if that is the noise that Lidio is referring to.

This is just more fuel for the Gen 2 Coyote is better than the Gen 3 Coyote fire.

--Joe

Warring tribes of coyote owners on the plains of Dearborn, Michigan. Fires raging over cam phazers, injection methods, oil viscosities, and plug gaps.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

I was doing more reading on it, apparently this issue has sparked quite a few mod motor fans to really start fantasizing about the 7.3L and destroking it to a 390

Forum Member

My 2018 F150 5.0L is one of the junk ones. It started rattling, ticking, knocking and grinding at about 500 miles. Sounds like absolute shit and burns a qt of oil a week for almost a year now. There's visible oil smoke at idle and clouds at full throttle even in the summer. Ford says everything is normal or within specs and won't approve throwing parts at it. I'm guessing its because they have no idea what the problem is with this latest gen of 5.0L.

It's a lease, so I'm just going to treat it as a rental until it blows up. Turned 10k miles today. Its lost a lot of power and averages about 12mpg hwy now. Going to the dealer again soon.
    I keep hoping something will break, so they'll actually work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike83GLX View Post
    My 2018 F150 5.0L is one of the junk ones. It started rattling, ticking, knocking and grinding at about 500 miles. Sounds like absolute shit and burns a qt of oil a week for almost a year now. There's visible oil smoke at idle and clouds at full throttle even in the summer. Ford says everything is normal or within specs and won't approve throwing parts at it. I'm guessing its because they have no idea what the problem is with this latest gen of 5.0L.

It's a lease, so I'm just going to treat it as a rental until it blows up. Turned 10k miles today. Its lost a lot of power and averages about 12mpg hwy now. Going to the dealer again soon.
    I keep hoping something will break, so they'll actually work on it.
    Yikes. I thought the leaf spring noise in my Silverado was bad.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Hmmm... intresting. I have been thinking about getting a new bullet...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Yikes. I thought the leaf spring noise in my Silverado was bad.
    I have a leaf spring clunk and about a dozen other problems too. Even the bed is coming apart. Several rivets are broken and the adhesive is separated for about 12" where the bed floor meets the inner side wall.
    This whole truck is a pile of shit. I miss my previous F150. It also had issues, but was more enjoyable to drive than this one.

640@ the wheel is up there.
    My 2015 with with a procharger made just into the 600RWHP and Dan@Livernois felt that was safe to be driven. Anymore and he wanted to do oil pump gears etc.
    right about where lido popped his, is where dan said the clock starts ticking.

Thread Information