Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Dealer Tried to Sneak Stuff in on Lease

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    Oh and I just turned in an Equinox and didn't re-lease another car (I will in the future) and the dealer wants to charge me like $400! Talk about sneaking shit in a lease...
    Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    Actually, that is in all of the GM lease deals, but they should have told you about it when you were originally signing the papers...

grr
    correct. its in every companies lease deals. its usually $350-$400 however if you purchase it outright they waive it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    Actually, that is in all of the GM lease deals, but they should have told you about it when you were originally signing the papers...

grr
    My buddy worked at the Chevy dealer sold me the car but never mentioned it
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    Yup a Pontiac dealer near you on Mack that during the signing, said they couldn't sell us the car unless we bought the extended warrenty (car was 2 years old).... I think at the time it was an extra $500?
    A/C went out a few months after we got it and the dealer put a complete, brand new system in it... Got them that time.... BTW there no longer in business
    When I bought a Yukon Denali years ago a dealer tried to get me with that one. They even went as far to say that GMAC required it. I told them if they could produce the papers saying that GMAC required the dealer add on warranty that I would agree to it, if not piss off and keep the truck. It was $2500.

They never produced the paperwork and I picked it up the next day with no warranty.

I hung up on the sales guy 3 times and the finance guy twice. In hindsight I should have walked on the deal after they tried all that crap, but it felt too good to beat them at their game.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Any time I've bought or leased a new car and got to the final boss, aka the finance guy, I tell them I'm not paying anything more than the price I agreed upon with the salesman. They try and throw everything at you. When I got my most recent car, I called the finance guy out on his bullshit and 'politely' told him I'm out. He changed his tune really quick.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Any time I've bought or leased a new car and got to the final boss, aka the finance guy, I tell them I'm not paying anything more than the price I agreed upon with the salesman. They try and throw everything at you. When I got my most recent car, I called the finance guy out on his bullshit and 'politely' told him I'm out. He changed his tune really quick.
    Yea, the rub here was that this WAS the price they gave us over the phone. They had it baked it from the very start. Even when the sales guy was dropping monthly prices on different models, he had the extra $20 in there. I was almost impressed at how hard they worked to make me not notice it. They can't hide the form though!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

When we bought my wifes car something similar was attempted but it was with the remote start. Tried to give some bs that if I had the remote start installed I would need the service plan. I politely told them they could either have everything ready as discussed or I would just buy elsewhere since I already had plan pricing for the purchase.

Thread Information