Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gretchen Whitmer to propose $0.45/gallon gas tax to fix roads

Maybe they should stop using salt in the winter. That stuff eats everything and is the main cause to our shitty roads.

P.s. I voted bill schuette.

Side note too. I was just on i80 and i90 in Illinois this last weekend hauling a trailer. $32.50 to drive on their junk expressway for no more than a hour! I don't make $32.50 a hour why should they?(you think Michigan roads are bad, go check that one out). We give way too much money to the government and they do nothing for us. What about our insurance money that we already pay too?

This entire state government would shit if we all decided to cancel our auto insurance and quit paying our plate tags (which also just went up). They would retaliate with shutting down gas stations I bet, but it's gonna have to be a money war for any of this to change, and I can tell the civilians are loosing this battle as of now. No voting, no town hall meeting, nothing is gonna change till we figure out how to take our money back.

Sad when getting a ticket for driving without insurance is cheaper than paying the insurance. Between my girlfriend and I with no points at all are paying 3600 a year to drive a plpd escape, plpd explorer, and a Lincoln with full coverage.

The government has every plan of making us broke while they stay rich.

Not even sure any of this makes sense, I'm just ranting right now. LOL

Exclamation

I just read this live on the Frank Beckmann show on WJR 760...

$.45 Fuel Tax Increase…

Good morning Sir, in regards to Governor Wit-more- money, her justification for
    the fuel tax increase is we are already paying an average of $600 per year on
    car repairs, she makes it sound like if we pass this new tax increase, we’ll no
    longer have any of these repair costs.

What do southern states pay in average repairs?
    Who is fact checking these claims of hers?

Glad I live 22 miles from the Michigan / Ohio state line.

I called my representative today and bitched. Everyone here should pick up the phone and do the same. Tell everyone you know to do the same thing.
    I like pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I called my representative today and bitched. Everyone here should pick up the phone and do the same. Tell everyone you know to do the same thing.
    Great idea Joe - especially if your rep is a Republican. Make sure they don't go along with this. The Democrats can't push this through without getting some Republicans to support in both houses.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    not my governor
    Yea no shit!
    Seems like all of Michiganders are pissed about it... didn't the people who voted for that bimbo realize that would happen?
    SAL

I just read her detailed proposal it is horrible. Whitmer wants to go back to double taxing small business. Snyder eliminated taxes on small business because when money left the business, it left as income and was subject to income tax. Now Whitmer wants to throw 6% on earnings right on top of that. She is going right back the Granholm era.

I have said this a million times on here, but I am going to say it again. I don't care if you like or dislike a candidate. If you vote Republican, you will get less taxes. If you vote Democrat, you will get more. So if you want a warm fuzzy and to feel good about government, then keep voting for Dems. If you want to keep the money you earn, vote Republican. It IS that simple. You think the roads are going to magically get better? You are delusional if you do. I can guarantee you, though, you will never pay less than $3 for gas by the end of next year. And be running over the same amount of pot holes that you do now.

-Geoff

Exclamation

^^^ Sadly, all so very true.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I just read her detailed proposal it is horrible. Whitmer wants to go back to double taxing small business. Snyder eliminated taxes on small business because when money left the business, it left as income and was subject to income tax. Now Whitmer wants to throw 6% on earnings right on top of that. She is going right back the Granholm era.

I have said this a million times on here, but I am going to say it again. I don't care if you like or dislike a candidate. If you vote Republican, you will get less taxes. If you vote Democrat, you will get more. So if you want a warm fuzzy and to feel good about government, then keep voting for Dems. If you want to keep the money you earn, vote Republican. It IS that simple. You think the roads are going to magically get better? You are delusional if you do. I can guarantee you, though, you will never pay less than $3 for gas by the end of next year. And be running over the same amount of pot holes that you do now.

-Geoff
    Only that's because we didn't. We actually voted down the last gas tax hike and Snyder and crew pushed it on us anyways.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Only that's because we didn't. We actually voted down the last gas tax hike and Snyder and crew pushed it on us anyways.
    I think Snyder was a RINO (Republican in name only). So I am not counting him. He did fix the Michigan business tax environment though, even though Gretchen is about to plow it under. What happened in 2015 was BS though, I agree with you.

Did anyone do their taxes yet? I am down THOUSANDS from last year on my Federal. Remember that'll goes away if the Democrats get back in 2020. Voting Republican has never been more important.

-Geoff

Thread Information