Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gretchen Whitmer to propose $0.45/gallon gas tax to fix roads

Unfortunately a TON of people seem to think a huge tax return is VERY important. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Mostly democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by slow96hater View Post
    Unfortunately a TON of people seem to think a huge tax return is VERY important. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Mostly democrats.
    this makes no sense, do you want the government to keep your money? I don’t lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I think Snyder was a RINO (Republican in name only). So I am not counting him. He did fix the Michigan business tax environment though, even though Gretchen is about to plow it under. What happened in 2015 was BS though, I agree with you.

Did anyone do their taxes yet? I am down THOUSANDS from last year on my Federal. Remember that'll goes away if the Democrats get back in 2020. Voting Republican has never been more important.

-Geoff
    My wife and I gave the Feds thousands less and got back a couple hundred more on the return than last year. I’m ok giving the government a small no interest loan.
    84 Mustang Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    this makes no sense, do you want the government to keep your money? I don’t lol.
    If you get money returned, it's because you gave too much. Many people think it's good when they get a big return and that makes zero sense unless you aren't capable of saving your own money and you need the government to be your savings account.

That's what he is referring to. We paid 3% less taxes this year...works for me. Our return was abnormally large also because last year, H&R block suggested we set aside more money...they we're wrong. According to news reports weeks ago, returns are "Lower than expected", "people are angry!"
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

As much as I hate to say it, my income doubled last year and I got back about 1k more then last year, I also paid a lot more then last year so it’s hard to tell to be honest. I talked to my tax man/ accountant and he told me what to set my deductions at to get a minimal return with no worries of tax bill.

This is a good read on Gretchen's tax hike. https://www.michigancapitolconfident...0077-260865189

Cliff notes: When it's all done 40% of the 2020 tax hike won't go toward fixing roads. That is because as soon as they get dedicated or directed funding for a project they immediately move any non-dedicated or non-directed moneys somewhere else. In this case of the new 1.26 billion only 764 million would find it's way to the transportation budget while 499 million would replace existing money in the transportation budget that would be redirected to her pet programs. This is common at all levels of government, local on up.

Story of my life. The girls with big racks always seem to cost me money.

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, my income doubled last year and I got back about 1k more then last year, I also paid a lot more then last year so it’s hard to tell to be honest.l.
    The middle-income bracket which tops out at 165k changed from 25% to 22%. If you make less than 165k, you paid 3% less in taxes this year.

Congrats anyways I hope you double your income again this year.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I think Snyder was a RINO (Republican in name only). So I am not counting him. He did fix the Michigan business tax environment though, even though Gretchen is about to plow it under. What happened in 2015 was BS though, I agree with you.

Did anyone do their taxes yet? I am down THOUSANDS from last year on my Federal. Remember that'll goes away if the Democrats get back in 2020. Voting Republican has never been more important.

-Geoff
    I don't think you understand how Government works. It wasn't just Synder....
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    The middle-income bracket which tops out at 165k changed from 25% to 22%. If you make less than 165k, you paid 3% less in taxes this year.

Congrats anyways I hope you double your income again this year.
    doubt I will double it again, I started working at fca jeep plant back in Jan 18 and worked almost 3500 hours this year lol. I’m hoping to tone it down about 600 hours this year lol

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    I don't think you understand how Government works. It wasn't just Synder....
    I guess I don't understand why you always want to argue with me. Maybe you should put me on ignore.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information