Thread: Monster Jam

Default Monster Jam

Is anyone else going?

We've got pit passes and the doors open at 10:30 AM tomorrow.... So 9:30 with daylight savings time. I haven't been to Ford Field in like 5 years, looks like we're eating lunch there between roaming the pits and the time the show starts.

Was there yesterday with my wife and 5 year old. It was another good show!

It was a bit different than I remember. The last Monster Jam I went to was in the early 2000s. Other than spending a small fortune in food and beer it was pretty good.

I want to go in the next year or 2 and take my son. I have never been to Ford field. I only have seen them at the silverdome a long while back. Where do you park at ford field? Seeing as how the silverdome had all it's own parking? Thanks

I am a cheap MF but when I go to Ford Field or the CoPa I park at Eastern Market for free (either public lot or street park) and walk over there. It is a 10-15 minute walk. You walk south down Russel over the freeway/Gratiot Exit bridge and then walk Gratiot into downtown. It is a safe walk, even at night due to traffic and businesses in Eastern Market. You can catch it from the North side by crossing 75 instead of Gratiot, but that is a little bit dicier of a walk at night. Also, you can street park right on Gratiot as you come into downtown if you can get a spot.

I go to events downtown every month or two and the worst I spend is a couple bucks at a parking meter through a phone app. If you don't mind walking, there is no reason to pay a lot for parking - there is tons of cheap/free parking in Detroit. I have always found free parking at Eastern Market, too. Never been stumped there.

-Geoff

parking.jpg
    Last edited by WhiteHawk; 03-11-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by camaromann View Post
    I want to go in the next year or 2 and take my son. I have never been to Ford field. I only have seen them at the silverdome a long while back. Where do you park at ford field? Seeing as how the silverdome had all it's own parking? Thanks
    We parked in the Lot 5 right across the street from the field (north end). It was $15 and took 1 minute to walk to our gate.

--Joe

Usually I would park at Greektown and walk anywhere downtown. I pulled up at 10 AM and they were asking $40. I said screw it and drove to Ford Field expecting to pay $40-50 and it ended up being $15. We got lucky and parked on the second level so they walkway to the gate was right around the corner from our car. Parking has gotten outrageously expensive since the Pistons and Wings both now play at LCA. I think Greektown used to charge $20 for most events and it has doubled in the last 5 years(I'm not sure when).

If you get there early enough ford field garage is only $10.

Thread Information