Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has best Fish and Chips in Macomb County area?

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Scotty's is the best in the metro area. They get their Cod flown in from Halifax, and they fry it in a 50/50 mix of vegetable oil and beef tallow (the stuff McDonalds used to use for their fries). Warning though - last time I was there - the place was a total shithole. Decorated back in the 70's and it looks like not much has been done to it since. Regardless - the fish is amazing!

-Geoff
    I have heard the Scotty's is the best. I have family members go there whenever they're in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    I usually find the dingiest looking restaurants have the best food. If it looks like the health department is about to shut it down, I'm eating there.
    im the same way, have you ever eaten at a&l ham palace in southwest Detroit on fort street? Best breakfast place around and the portions are “yuge” lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    im the same way, have you ever eaten at a&l ham palace in southwest Detroit on fort street? Best breakfast place around and the portions are “yuge” lol.
    Hell Yaaaa. Just dont mind the floor in the bathroom. It slopes so much you feel like your going to fall over even when your sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegel1719 View Post
    Hell Yaaaa. Just dont mind the floor in the bathroom. It slopes so much you feel like your going to fall over even when your sober.
    never been brave enough to go past the register lol.

Went to Sweetest Heart of Mary in Detroit last night for the fish fry. They had pretty good deep fried stuff, but the baked stuff looked a little lacking. They have homemade pierogi dinners and dill soup from Polish village too. Got there around five pm and got right in, but big lines when we left at six. Awesome church if you have never been inside though. The fish fry is across the courtyard from the church, but they let you poke around in there before and after the service.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

http://www.claddaghirishpubs.com/livonia/food/

On Mondays it might still be buy one get one free with a drink purchase. If you look at the picture of the dish they actually serve you and entire side of the fish, it's not cut up and served in strips. I've had it a bunch and never had a bad meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    I usually find the dingiest looking restaurants have the best food. If it looks like the health department is about to shut it down, I'm eating there.

Hahahahahahahaha I love fish and chips, I don't really have a favorite. A full pound of perch is ideal... A good Tartar sauce is important and coleslaw can make or break the dish. Thanks for the recommendations MM crew!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Thread Information