Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: heard onondaga dragway isn’t able to stay open

yep sure looks that way
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

I read in a FB group that the tower and guard rails were taken down after it closed, and that the new tower was an exact replica of the one donated when Dan reopened the track.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Club Member

If I get my Firebird running I would be up for a road trip out there this summer. One of the few tracks within a three hour drive I haven't been to and raced on. That and US131. Not sure how I have never made it either track but I haven't.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 2QuickZ's View Post
    If I get my Firebird running I would be up for a road trip out there this summer. One of the few tracks within a three hour drive I haven't been to and raced on. That and US131. Not sure how I have never made it either track but I haven't.

NMCA will be running an event at US131 in July. The True Street class runs Saturday, you'd like it. All competitors go for a 30 mile cruise and then right into the staging lanes for 3 passes back/back/back. Pretty cool to run street cars in between the big boys qualifying sessions.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    NMCA will be running an event at US131 in July. The True Street class runs Saturday, you'd like it. All competitors go for a 30 mile cruise and then right into the staging lanes for 3 passes back/back/back. Pretty cool to run street cars in between the big boys qualifying sessions.
    That sounds pretty cool

Elected Club Official

You can also see our very own Captain Chaos bust off some 9 sec passes in the NMRA coyote stock class at the same event. Completely sealed coyote motors with the same tune from Ford.

Did this last year and it was a blast. Went and camped in the pits for the whole event. A lot of nice, fast cars. In the interest of full disclosure I broke the mustang and had the wife bring out the Edge ST (no refunds, had to race something). Still a good time. Looking forward to this year.

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Club Member

Haha. You're assuming I'll have it running by then. I really need to get motivated to work on the thing. I keep using the excuse that I'll wait until the weather gets better. I still have a lot to do. Install the wire harness, run front brake lines, swap the rear end, install the tubular torque arm and LCAs, bleed the brakes, tighten the balancer bolt, install the throttle cable, buy an exhaust system, have a Y-pipe fabricated, get the VATS removed from the PCM so I can drive it somewhere to get the exhaust system done and a dyno tune completed.....

and the list keeps going. It's not a horrible list, though, and I think once I get started I'll pick up motivation as things get checked off the list. I forgot the most important thing: keep my fingers crossed that the engine isn't junk and that it will actually run decently.
    Scott

15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Thread Information