Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ann Arbor auto repair

Forum Member

Default Ann Arbor auto repair

My son moved to Ann Arbor and is looking for a reputable shop for auto repair. We are looking for suggestions. His car need shocks & struts currently, and possibly a control arm on his 2008 Saturn Vue. At least that's what Belle Tire told him. They gave him a quote of $1600.
    I realize he may need all that work done but $1600 seemed a little high. Maybe I am wrong about that price.

Try norms automotive in south lyon, about 15 to 20 minute ride but he has a stellar reputation and is reasonable.

Cool

I have used both of these shops, if your son is willing to drive
    about 25 to 30 mins south of A2, it will be cheaper I think and
    I would recommend checking out both of these shops.

Bell Tire in A2 is one of the worst shops one could visit.

Auto Repair .jpg

It seems like every time I walk into Belle Tire they want me to spend a crazy amount of money. I don't even get tires from them anymore. I tried to get a tire patched on my Camaro, and they refused because the said the nail was "On the outermost tread" - The outermost tread is like two inches wide, and the nail was that far from the sidewall. Needless to say I went to the shop down the street and had it plugged from the outside for $20, and it held for two years until I wore the tire out. They lost my business for life pulling crap like that. My buddy ran over something that slashed his tire, and they want him to replace the struts now too. I asked him how it drove and he said fine.

I guess when you don't know someone who works there, they give you Joe Dumbass price or something - because all I could think of the whole time is "Do you think I am a fucking idiot?". And they probably know they will scare off one out of four people with that schtick, but the two out of four that spend the money make up for it so they don't give a crap. Fuck em.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    It seems like every time I walk into Belle Tire they want me to spend a crazy amount of money. I don't even get tires from them anymore. I tried to get a tire patched on my Camaro, and they refused because the said the nail was "On the outermost tread" - The outermost tread is like two inches wide, and the nail was that far from the sidewall. Needless to say I went to the shop down the street and had it plugged from the outside for $20, and it held for two years until I wore the tire out. They lost my business for life pulling crap like that. My buddy ran over something that slashed his tire, and they want him to replace the struts now too. I asked him how it drove and he said fine.

I guess when you don't know someone who works there, they give you Joe Dumbass price or something - because all I could think of the whole time is "Do you think I am a fucking idiot?". And they probably know they will scare off one out of four people with that schtick, but the two out of four that spend the money make up for it so they don't give a crap. Fuck em.

-Geoff
    Tell us how you really feel....In all honesty, this is the same as I feel +/- certain reasons...

I guess I got a little ranty there...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I guess I got a little ranty there...
    you Ranty ? No lol

Elected Club Official

Sending PM

Belle tire installed for new tires and an oil change at my neighbor's minivan....and then informed him that the rear suspension is so rusted out that it should not be on the road and he should scrap it or his family is going to die in a fiery crash.... So I trailered it to the scrap yard for him and we scrapped it with brand new tires and fresh oil in the oil pan....hahahaha
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Belle tire installed for new tires and an oil change at my neighbor's minivan....and then informed him that the rear suspension is so rusted out that it should not be on the road and he should scrap it or his family is going to die in a fiery crash.... So I trailered it to the scrap yard for him and we scrapped it with brand new tires and fresh oil in the oil pan....hahahaha
    They probably told him as they handed him his receipt too. I had this old green Chevy truck with that I brought in to get a leaky plug replaced. They refused to touch it (said they could only replace it of course) but they still wanted to charge me for repairing it! The manager said they did the labor to pull it off and on and leak test it, so I still had to pay. I looked at the receipt and it only said "Repair Tire" on it. So after a 30 second argument, he refunded it. That wasn't even the time I gave up on them! I thought that was an isolated incident. Guess I was wrong!

-Geoff

Thread Information