Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F Body LS1 Camaro and Firebird are Disappearing?

Default F Body LS1 Camaro and Firebird are Disappearing?

https://youtu.be/opazR7I3e1Q

So what you guys think, are the LS1 Camaros and Firebirds disappearing due to so many LS1 swaps and not restoring the cars? lol

I'm sure this video's premise is a bit clickbaitish, just to grab attention, but I kind of enjoyed watching it regardless.

I had a 98 Z28 and 02 WS6 of my own, loved both of them other than the raspiness. If I had to take a car out of my old collection to still own today, I'd take the 04 Cobra, lol, no... I did love my LS1 Fbodies, but for the record, still like the Cobra more.

I remember crushing quite a few mustangs and even WS.6s and SSs out on Gratiot with my bone stock 98 Z28. If I'm not mistaken? I think it was because of that different camshaft in the 98 LS1, the Z28 Camaro was supposedly a bit lighter than the WS.6 too so thats probably what gave me the edge against the Trans Ams.

Great generation of cars during that time period, never forget when the Terminator first arrived on the scene and started stomping everything. That was a fun time to experience some of the muscle cars of the era, hard to believe with so many modern Mopars rolling around everywhere you turn your head, that 90s and 2000 Mopar basically had nothing. Challengers seems to be a hot pick amongst Michiganders nowadays, fucking everywhere!

I do miss seing the Ford Lightning rolling around too, just dont see many of those anymore. Actually hardly none, lol, kind of fucked up!

Seems a lot of 03-04 Cobra engine swaps too these days, little worried about the scarcity in low mile Terminators in the future.
    Cool video of some Foxes with Terminator swaps, a SN95 https://youtu.be/yUTl5KvPjag
    Last edited by SLPTALS1; 06-01-2019 at 09:44 PM.

I think they are. I have one and get compliments a lot. I have had it listed for sale recently, deciding if I want to relist it.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Big F-body show next weekend:
    https://www.mifbody.com/meetgreet/

Compliments on the avatar https://youtu.be/V8wtZeVAa9I

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I think they are. I have one and get compliments a lot.
    Interesting how that happens, I think as time goes on, people see less of a car and realize the sentimental value, then the compliments start rolling in more often. I have to admit, I thought I'd see more of the 4th gens on the road these days, but doesn't seem to be the case. Probably a lot more owners that keep them garaged and just drive a daily driver. But hey, hard to know how many are still on the road.

I have had it listed for sale recently, deciding if I want to relist it.
    Bored with the A4? I'm sure ya got a new ride in mind, man I kind of miss my white Z28. I was checking out the Facebook Marketplace the other day for the first time, maybe worth a try listing it there.

Forum Member

I love my '00 SS convertible. As for the rapyness, there are some nice exhaust systems out now. I am running the Hooker Blackheart - midlength headers into true duals with an X-pipe. It sounds awesome and isn't annoyingly loud at all.

I would love to have a Firebird. Just want a hard top which seems harder to find.
    R and D racing.

Quote Originally Posted by SLPTALS1 View Post
    Compliments on the avatar https://youtu.be/V8wtZeVAa9I

Interesting how that happens, I think as time goes on, people see less of a car and realize the sentimental value, then the compliments start rolling in more often. I have to admit, I thought I'd see more of the 4th gens on the road these days, but doesn't seem to be the case. Probably a lot more owners that keep them garaged and just drive a daily driver. But hey, hard to know how many are still on the road.

Bored with the A4? I'm sure ya got a new ride in mind, man I kind of miss my white Z28. I was checking out the Facebook Marketplace the other day for the first time, maybe worth a try listing it there.
    Great song!

While I prefer a 6speed, they were hard to find in my budget that weren’t beat or they had high mileage. I just don’t drive it enough, hard to find time. I probably wouldn’t replace it. Mine has a magnaflow catback on it, but no headers or anything so it’s mild. If I were to switch exhaust, I’d go with madhammer (gmmg).
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

I totally believe that they are getting rarer. I've owned like 9 of them, and the last three I sold were all for swaps or parted out. It's crazy! I don't ever think a manual will ever go much under $5k, because it is worth it for the parts, even if it needs engine work.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

I just don’t drive it enough, hard to find time. I probably wouldn’t replace it. Mine has a magnaflow catback on it, but no headers or anything so it’s mild. If I were to switch exhaust, I’d go with madhammer (gmmg).
    I totally hear ya on that, at the time I was driving my WS.6 as a daily driver for the most part, my Cobra which was kind of sitting. I still couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to keep it for investment or cruising/daily driver... My family needed some money at the time so I sold my cobra... Cars are replaceable, family members aren't.

Oh yeah gmmg always had a nice clean exhaust, with less rasp. I don't think they had that madhammer when I owned my 4th gens, but I remember everyone loving the gmmg catbacks. I went with a custom 3" exhaust x-pipe with dynomax bullet mufflers and kooks longtubes, sounded pretty nice, still had a rasp, but still very much liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by 85notch View Post
    I would love to have a Firebird. Just want a hard top which seems harder to find.
    Dude that fucking sucks to hear, yeah I've been looking at some 4th gens and Terminators lately, the amount of choices we had just 5 few years ago, there just aren't as many.

It was great when Motown was hopping back in the day and everyone kept the craigslist and ebay threads alive for great finds, it helped both sellers and buyers. And it doesn't even seem like that many members post these type of things on Motown Muscle Facebook page these days, considering that's where everyone spends most of their time these days.

I tell ya what, I could care less for this social media shit anymore. I know some geniuses of our time have theorized that maybe one day the cess pool and trolls becomes so bad that a lot of people stop going on there.

People spend way to much time on there when a place like Motown Muscle or MiFbody could be a much funner place to hang out at. It would be really cool if one day forums will become popular again. If ya get a chance, listen to what this Sam Vakin has to say, a former Wikiepdia writer, who talks about the importance of moderation.
    https://youtu.be/dmXcjvL9VSc

I always wonder what happened to Street Fire by the way, they didn't make it through the recession I heard... lol I guess as one source dies out, another will pop up like 1320video. But I just dont like the fact all the viewership goes to social media now, anytime YouTube wants they can delete 1320video channel, considering what happened to Alex Jones.

But I have to admit there's been more abundance of car enthusiasts making sweet videos on YouTube these days. Some of these channels are sick!!!
    https://youtu.be/cAKNKXvbIdY
    https://youtu.be/mp57MNUqPrU

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    I love my '00 SS convertible. As for the rapyness, there are some nice exhaust systems out now. I am running the Hooker Blackheart - midlength headers into true duals with an X-pipe. It sounds awesome and isn't annoyingly loud at all.
    Hooker Blackheart, why does that flow together so nicely, lol.

Sweet, yeah always loved hearing a good sounding exhaust from a Vert, a different source of sound directly to the driver ya know... But sorry to say I do prefer T-Tops!
    Last edited by SLPTALS1; 06-03-2019 at 07:41 PM.

I kind of figured they were unremarkable when new and less so now. I bought a new 2000 Z28 and I think of all my vehicles its the one I missed the least when sold. I cant really say why, but it just didn't make much of a lasting impression on me, I did like the chrome wheels. Sadly, I now drive an old fox coupe that rides like a dump truck and is slower than a Hyundai so don't take my opinions to seriously. Don't worry about the low mileage Cobras, some dink will always be asking 35K or more for a comp orange with 5k miles.

Thread Information