Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F Body LS1 Camaro and Firebird are Disappearing?

Quote Originally Posted by cdub2010 View Post
    I cant really say why, but it just didn't make much of a lasting impression on me, I did like the chrome wheels. .
    Hahaha I hear ya, I liked my WS.6 a lot, back in they day they looked so cool to me with the scoops, now I think about how I rid around in a bat mobile for more than a decade. lol It's probably the least car I wouldn't want to own again, but that might be because I drove the hell out of that car. I'd say I do like a cleaner, bolder/boxier look now.

Quote Originally Posted by cdub2010 View Post
    Sadly, I now drive an old fox coupe that rides like a dump truck and is slower than a Hyundai so don't take my opinions to seriously. Don't worry about the low mileage Cobras, some dink will always be asking 35K or more for a comp orange with 5k miles.
    lol, good stuff guys, lets keep it going... But you cant go wrong with a Fox, easily upgradable, if you're willing to do some new aftermarket suspension and drop a crate engine down the line. Speed isn't everything, just having a decent ride can just give you enough enjoyment on the weekends. You have more than I have right now, lol, which is nothing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLPTALS1 View Post
    I totally hear ya on that, at the time I was driving my WS.6 as a daily driver for the most part, my Cobra which was kind of sitting. I still couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to keep it for investment or cruising/daily driver... My family needed some money at the time so I sold my cobra... Cars are replaceable, family members aren't.

Oh yeah gmmg always had a nice clean exhaust, with less rasp. I don't think they had that madhammer when I owned my 4th gens, but I remember everyone loving the gmmg catbacks. I went with a custom 3" exhaust x-pipe with dynomax bullet mufflers and kooks longtubes, sounded pretty nice, still had a rasp, but still very much liked it.

Dude that fucking sucks to hear, yeah I've been looking at some 4th gens and Terminators lately, the amount of choices we had just 5 few years ago, there just aren't as many.

It was great when Motown was hopping back in the day and everyone kept the craigslist and ebay threads alive for great finds, it helped both sellers and buyers. And it doesn't even seem like that many members post these type of things on Motown Muscle Facebook page these days, considering that's where everyone spends most of their time these days.

I tell ya what, I could care less for this social media shit anymore. I know some geniuses of our time have theorized that maybe one day the cess pool and trolls becomes so bad that a lot of people stop going on there.

People spend way to much time on there when a place like Motown Muscle or MiFbody could be a much funner place to hang out at. It would be really cool if one day forums will become popular again. If ya get a chance, listen to what this Sam Vakin has to say, a former Wikiepdia writer, who talks about the importance of moderation.
    https://youtu.be/dmXcjvL9VSc

I always wonder what happened to Street Fire by the way, they didn't make it through the recession I heard... lol I guess as one source dies out, another will pop up like 1320video. But I just dont like the fact all the viewership goes to social media now, anytime YouTube wants they can delete 1320video channel, considering what happened to Alex Jones.

But I have to admit there's been more abundance of car enthusiasts making sweet videos on YouTube these days. Some of these channels are sick!!!
    https://youtu.be/cAKNKXvbIdY
    https://youtu.be/mp57MNUqPrU

Hooker Blackheart, why does that flow together so nicely, lol.

Sweet, yeah always loved hearing a good sounding exhaust from a Vert, a different source of sound directly to the driver ya know... But sorry to say I do prefer T-Tops!
    My buddy always comments on how much faster triple digits seems when there's no roof over your head ;-) The top completely kills the sound from a radio/stereo perspective - can hardly hear my 10" sub with the top down, but man, that exhaust is all the sound I need. It's really great.

Quote Originally Posted by SLPTALS1 View Post
    Hahaha I hear ya, I liked my WS.6 a lot, back in they day they looked so cool to me with the scoops, now I think about how I rid around in a bat mobile for more than a decade. lol It's probably the least car I wouldn't want to own again, but that might be because I drove the hell out of that car. I'd say I do like a cleaner, bolder/boxier look now.
    I debated the WS6 when I got my SS back in 2012. I do like them and they still look mean as hell, but I was looking for something a little more sleek and subdued, so I went with the catfish.

Maybe I should keep mine for awhile longer if they're disappearing. It is rare I see a 4th gen Z28 unless I'm at a car related event. Mine:

1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Maybe I should keep mine for awhile longer if they're disappearing. It is rare I see a 4th gen Z28 unless I'm at a car related event. Mine:

Mine will be at the MIFbody show this weekend if you need to see another.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugger Z View Post
    Mine will be at the MIFbody show this weekend if you need to see another.
    I wish. I have a wedding to attend. It's also the Jackson Road Cruise in Ann Arbor. I've seen your car before, it's awesome.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Thread Information