Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growing Popularity of Ratty Muscle Cars

Default Growing Popularity of Ratty Muscle Cars

I tell ya what, I thoroughly enjoyed this video, just sick! I may be a candidate for a ratty challenger or charger in the sometime future, lol. I was going to post this in the video category, but I thought it deserved more attention and discussion in the Pub.

https://youtu.be/cAKNKXvbIdY

pretty cool video
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

Club Member

Cool vid. Saw that one a year or two ago probably because I used to own a 'cuda! Thanks for posting!

Moving down south, cant wait to see what I can get my hands on.

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

That’s pretty cool. My car isn’t anywhere near as cool as an AAR Cuda. I have had a couple real nice cars in the past but I gotta say for what I'm doing now with my 85 Mustang there is a lot of freedom in the fact that it’s kinda beat down. Plus with it being a dime-a-dozen FOX that helps with the lack of guilt I feel whenever I’m performing the latest mods to it. All muscle cars are cool and I appreciate the nice ones and the ratty ones too. It’s yours-make it however you like in my opinion. Just build it and drive the damn thing!

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

As long as it's not "Fauxtina" im good with it.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

I have had everything from low mileage mint cars to ones that aren't perfect. The ones that I drive and enjoy the most are the ones that the paint/body isn't the best. Guess I am not worried as much. And why i sold off my lower mileage really nice cars since all they did was sit in the garage.

These are the two that I drive the most. The notch has 300k on the body, cobra is 50k
    notch cobra.JPG
    Last edited by riche; 06-05-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riche View Post
    I have had everything from low mileage mint cars to ones that aren't perfect. The ones that I drive and enjoy the most are the ones that the paint/body isn't the best. Guess I am not worried as much. And why i sold off my lower mileage really nice cars since all they did was sit in the garage.

These are the two that I drive the most. The notch has 300k on the body, cobra is 50k
    notch cobra.JPG
    You being in AZ allows you to enjoy them year round. Lucky dog.

The patina cars follow a bell curve of coolness. If it's a 15-20 year old car that's roached out, it's just a clunker in many peoples eyes. If it's 40-50 years it's more accepted and often sought after. After a certain age of car, it is cooler to see them restored to OE specs or go full custom modded.

I'll agree that I enjoy driving something with a less than show quality finish. It's the main reason I drive my 51 F1 to car shows to park. If someone leans on it or door dings it, it's just added character. If someone door dings my 69 Mustang, I'd be pretty heartbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    The patina cars follow a bell curve of coolness. If it's a 15-20 year old car that's roached out, it's just a clunker in many peoples eyes. If it's 40-50 years it's more accepted and often sought after. After a certain age of car, it is cooler to see them restored to OE specs or go full custom modded.

I'll agree that I enjoy driving something with a less than show quality finish. It's the main reason I drive my 51 F1 to car shows to park. If someone leans on it or door dings it, it's just added character. If someone door dings my 69 Mustang, I'd be pretty heartbroken.
    That truck oozes cool!

Thread Information