Thread: Turn on Fog Lights - New GM Truck

Club Member

Default Turn on Fog Lights - New GM Truck

I recently got a new style 2019 Silverado Crew Cab and I want to install factory fog lights. The kit is available, but it requires a trip to the dealer and $100 to turn them on. I already called 2 dealers (Moran and Fox) and I bought the truck from Moran - No deals. Does anyone here have the capability to do it?

I couldn't find a local truck under 40K which had them....

grr

2690-s.jpg

Forum Member

Everything is already there, they just don't work?

I wouldn’t think it would cost that much. I don’t think it even requires a special VCI code to to it
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    I wouldn’t think it would cost that much. I don’t think it even requires a special VCI code to to it
    No, I don't have them yet and they aren't installed. I want to add them......

The factory fog light kit says they need to be turned on. The BCM needs to be flashed is what the dealer told me. And yes, it does cost that much, at least from the dealer who sold me the truck and Fox in Rochester quoted me about the same price.

So yes, something needs to be done and I want to know if anyone can do it around here.

grr

A mysterious figure named Darko DarkoStoj's Avatar

I have a diagnostic scanner we could try. It may work.

Is it a GM kit or aftermarket? When I say "Kit" I mean did it come from GM accessories or is it somebody just getting all the parts from GM and selling them together? If GM offers a kit their should be a calibration sticker and authorization code with the kit.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Is it a GM kit or aftermarket? When I say "Kit" I mean did it come from GM accessories or is it somebody just getting all the parts from GM and selling them together? If GM offers a kit their should be a calibration sticker and authorization code with the kit.
    It is a factory GM kit, sold thru dealers and places like GM Parts Direct. It comes with the lights, factory harness and the proper factory headlight switch and new bezel. The instructions say you need to have a dealer access the body module to turn them on.

You need a MDI and a subscription to flash the BCM.

I would have just worked it into the purchase price of the vehicle, same as getting extra key fobs flashed.

Sales guys don't give a shit once you tremble over the dotted line.

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    It is a factory GM kit, sold thru dealers and places like GM Parts Direct. It comes with the lights, factory harness and the proper factory headlight switch and new bezel. The instructions say you need to have a dealer access the body module to turn them on.
    Let me go talk to some people. I am kind of surprised it wasn't included in the kit. At the minimum I should be able to get a work instruction you could show the dealer.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information