Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any Tesla owners in here?

They are built with the quality of a 1984 Plymouth reliant
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I could also suggest that if Tesla does go out of business you part out the car yourself and use a sawz-all to sell the body for scrap! Why does that sound familiar?

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

I personally hate the Prius. If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with the Tesla. The fit and finish isn't great, but the Prius is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    So the advice I'm getting from guys who are in a club we started for muscle/ sports cars is;
    Don't buy the brand new car that runs 11 second quarter miles and will cost you $0 in gas and oil changes for the next 5 years, instead buy the used PRIUS that runs 17 second quarter miles from an auction with no warranty. Motown muscle is officially dead
    I thought the original idea of the thread was to save money. The price of a new Tesla costs a lot of fucking gas money lol.

Sounds like tripping over dollars to save pennies.

My current beater is a 2001 Jetta TDI(ALH) with a 5 speed. Driving to and from work I get 45 MPG + on every tank without trying. It's certainly not a cool car by any stretch but it's actually a pretty fun car to drive. My wife drives a 2006 Jetta TDI(BRM) with an auto and gets in the low 40's driving from Oxford to Dearborn every day.

A guy a work with has two Tesla's and loves them, if you have any specific questions I can forward them to him but he's pretty much a slappy at this point.
    84 Mustang Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    I thought the original idea of the thread was to save money. The price of a new Tesla costs a lot of fucking gas money lol.

Sounds like tripping over dollars to save pennies.
    It was to save money and have a car that I actually somewhat enjoy spending 6 or 7 hours a day in, not a car i dread getting into. I pay $400 a month on my car plus 6 or 700 a month in gas. If the Tesla is 800 a month im still way ahead!
    Last edited by Roadrage; 06-25-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrousrick View Post
    My current beater is a 2001 Jetta TDI(ALH) with a 5 speed. Driving to and from work I get 45 MPG + on every tank without trying. It's certainly not a cool car by any stretch but it's actually a pretty fun car to drive. My wife drives a 2006 Jetta TDI(BRM) with an auto and gets in the low 40's driving from Oxford to Dearborn every day.

A guy a work with has two Tesla's and loves them, if you have any specific questions I can forward them to him but he's pretty much a slappy at this point.
    LOL, I feel like im either going to get slappys or haters, nothing really in between

LOL, I feel like im either going to get slappys or haters, nothing really in between
    No doubt in my mind electric is a part or our future, price point and payback isn’t right for me yet. 0-60 the cars are little rockets, whisper quiet and lots of torque!
    84 Mustang Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by nitrousrick View Post
    No doubt in my mind electric is a part or our future, price point and payback isn’t right for me yet. 0-60 the cars are little rockets, whisper quiet and lots of torque!
    You lost me at whisper quiet. No thank you

It was to save money and have a car that I actually somewhat enjoy spending 6 or 7 hours a day in, not a car i dread getting into. I pay $400 a month on my car plus 6 or 700 a month in gas. If the Tesla is 800 a month im still way ahead!
    I see what you are saying. The Gen 3 Prius is a lot nicer inside but I still get how the stigma of the Prius is a big thumbs down.

Im a pretty big fan of the Tesla, I just dont know if its a smart buy, The future seams a little rocky. Ive done a few Ceramic coat jobs on Tesla's and they always seem really nice inside

I can only speak for things Ive had or driven... To throw a 3ed player in the mix, I dont know the exact MPG *edit I googled it 38/41 but the new Hybrid Rav4 is super nice, and it gets the room of a small SUV. It might be worth having a look. BUT you would still be paying out the Gas money with a newer car....
    Last edited by 347convert; 06-26-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Thread Information