Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any Tesla owners in here?

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    I vote Prius...

They go a lot of miles, super cheap and reliable.
    ...YUP, save you a SHIT load of money, be more reliable, have infinitely greater range, make you look like less of a dildo (believe it or not) and you're not supporting BIG government. Tesla is the EPITOME of 'government motors.........'
    Musk is as real as the Zuckerborg is, lol... [front men for fake .gov companies]

on the other hand my daughters Escape hybred gets 25 mpg city and its all wheel drive
    Driven Crazy

Even if the car company goes TU, someone will buy the company because of the IP. It will exist for years to come at some level.

The real issue for Elon is that Solid State batteries are coming on hard and will be in mass production in the next 4-5 years. The move to SS batteries will save a good amount of weight and will be faster to charge with more capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    ...YUP, save you a SHIT load of money, be more reliable, have infinitely greater range, make you look like less of a dildo (believe it or not) and you're not supporting BIG government. Tesla is the EPITOME of 'government motors.........'
    Musk is as real as the Zuckerborg is, lol... [front men for fake .gov companies]
    I was at the auction and 3 sold for under $2k

Save money on the car, the maintenance, and the gas... Then resell it. Slam dunk.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70 View Post
    I saw it the other day on M5 near Grand River.

As an aside, how much does it cost to have a charger installed? I assume that it's not gong to charge very quickly or efficiently on 110V.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I'll have to ask my neighbor, he had the 240 charger installed (including having a circuit run to his garage).
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    I was at the auction and 3 sold for under $2k

Save money on the car, the maintenance, and the gas... Then resell it. Slam dunk.
    But, it's a Prius. I'm still on Motown, right?

*looks around*
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    But, it's a Prius. I'm still on Motown, right?

*looks around*
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRuleZ View Post
    I'll have to ask my neighbor, he had the 240 charger installed (including having a circuit run to his garage).
    The price will vary significantly depending on the size of your existing electrical service, attached/detached garage, trench length if needed, do you want a subpanel set in the garage after all of the work of trenching 240v out to it, etc. etc. Assuming you have a 200A service today and the garage is attached, you could likely run a 240v circuit for a couple hundred $ n/including the charger itself. If the garage is detached, and you need to trench 50', you're talking a ton more labor.... plus complexity since you'd probably want a subpanel at that point. If you only have 60A service and need to upgrade to 200A, and then run to detached garage, you're in the multiple thousands.

I paid about $2500 to have an electrician wire my garage and put a 60 Amp sub-panel in it. That included permits and city inspections. If you use steel conduit you only have to dig about 15 inches down. I had a 50 foot or so trench, and he ran unbroken wire from the box in my basement to the box in my garage. You could probably do it yourself for a LOT less, but it costs to have a pro do it.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

So the advice I'm getting from guys who are in a club we started for muscle/ sports cars is;
    Don't buy the brand new car that runs 11 second quarter miles and will cost you $0 in gas and oil changes for the next 5 years, instead buy the used PRIUS that runs 17 second quarter miles from an auction with no warranty. Motown muscle is officially dead

Lmao

Thread Information