Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any Tesla owners in here?

If you want real issues - the fit and finish is as bad as you will see and the Model S's are notorious for needing the drive unit replaced. Because Tesla owns all the dealers, they keep the quality problems pretty hush hush. I am interested what kind of mileage you would actually get. I think every time you do one of those hole shots it costs you about 10 miles of range.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    I was hoping people could give me some input on issues they have had with Teslas to help convince me it's a bad idea! So far the only people that have said anything negative about the cars are people that haent owned one. I know Tesla owners are huge fanboys though, so it's tough to get real input. I am leaning toward Tesla because the 300 Mile range is perfect for me, I drive about 250 miles a day 3 days a week, and 70ish on the other 2 days. The thought of never putting a drop of gas in my daily driver sounds awesome...and having driven one, I have to say the feel of going 0-80 in 5ish seconds in a family sedan is pretty addicting.
    Get the fusion...

Telsa is going to fuck you and then what? They won't give you a loaner... They will tell you to kick rocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

You should also consider how the tesla gets service. Know nothing about the process other than probably once every week or two I seen a superduty (Ohio plates) with Tesla logos on the side pulling a trailer with a Tesla on it. So I'm assuming that they have to come and pick the car up for service and bring it to Ohio to get fixed and then brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    You should also consider how the tesla gets service. Know nothing about the process other than probably once every week or two I seen a superduty (Ohio plates) with Tesla logos on the side pulling a trailer with a Tesla on it. So I'm assuming that they have to come and pick the car up for service and bring it to Ohio to get fixed and then brought back.
    I saw it the other day on M5 near Grand River.

As an aside, how much does it cost to have a charger installed? I assume that it's not gong to charge very quickly or efficiently on 110V.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

What kind of money do you think you'll spend? Used or new? What is depreciation like? I'm guessing right now they are holding value.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

you know guys... he probably bought none already ... and doesn't want us to take away his Man Card
    Driven Crazy

Definitely havent bought it, the only legitimate concern so far has been if Tesla will be around to service the car for 5 years.

Worst case scenario just replace everything with electric golf cart batteries and motors?
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    Definitely havent bought it, the only legitimate concern so far has been if Tesla will be around to service the car for 5 years.
    I think from a mechanical standpoint there will be parts out there - Tesla has sold a ton of those cars, so there will always be someone making the parts - and a lot of the driveline stuff is standard with them. Plus Tesla has made the same stuff year after year, so not much of what they have made goes obsolete. They still have a few years in the tank before they are gone. The issue comes with things like body panels, interior trim, taillights, etc. Unless someone gets Tesla's tools and makes those you will have to pin your hopes on Darko!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

I vote Prius...

They go a lot of miles, super cheap and reliable.

Thread Information