Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snow clearing - best option (vehicle plow / farm tractor / garden tractor)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    Get a 4wd quad and ad a plow. Then enjoy it in the summer as we’ll .
    This, I have a 900' driveway and its the best way. I've used a tractor to push snow, its slow and limited with a garden tractor. I have a 4x4 diesel with a huge snowblower which is great, but again slowish. Also have a pay loader which is nice if you get 15' or have to move a huge pile, but slow.

The plow for the Yukon would be the lowest investment with some seriously nice benefits. You could even pick up one of those rear-view camera set-ups so you could see more of what you're doing with a back blade. My buddy put one inside his rear window pointed down at the blade. He's got probably 400' of gravel driveway and cleans it in 2 passes with a beater IHC Scout. I have about 300' that I plow with a Cub Cadet GT2550. They stopped making a plow set-up just about the time I bought the tractor. (Really??) So I picked up one of these: http://johnnyproducts.com/ I have a joystick control mounted next to the seat for up /down and angle. Works great, but not nearly as comfy as that Yukon....
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Forum Member

Wow, interesting on that universal bucket for the lawn tractor. Need to keep that in mind...

Really leaning toward the plow on the Yukon, if I can find something cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    Wow, interesting on that universal bucket for the lawn tractor. Need to keep that in mind...

Really leaning toward the plow on the Yukon, if I can find something cost effective.
    The blade and bucket combo is pretty sweet. It takes about 5 or 6 minutes to attach / detach it. I only have one pair of actuators, so maybe a half hour to change between plow or bucket. The bucket doesn't lift all that high (Maybe 20"?) but it does a great job moving topsoil or gravel or whatever.
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

I wish we could share pictures on here. I'd show what I built for my 400. I call it a plucket. It's a plow, bucket combo and I can lift 700lbs with it. 54" wide.

Cool FYI...

Quote Originally Posted by slow96hater View Post

Imgur .JPG

It will give you this, instead of a link.

Must not work on a I phone. I can't figure it out.

Thread Information