Thread: Minibike question. I'm selling all my sh*t and have no clue what it's worth

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Default Minibike question. I'm selling all my sh*t and have no clue what it's worth

So I don't really ride much anymore due to an inner ear/ balance problem.. I've got a few minibikes and some parts I want to get rid of.

First one is a Montgomery Ward's/Gilson mini I built from scratch about 15 years ago. Everything was new, tires wheels, bearings, sprockets chain, etc. Powder coated frame by QC. Has a 9 hp techumseh and a Comet torq-a-verter. I honed and ringed the engine a while ago. It's been sitting in my shed and hasn't been used since 2010-2011? I just pulled it out. Gonna clean it up and get it running.

Second is an unassembled frame one of my clients have me a long time ago. It's a knock off of a Ruttman. Needs to be welded together and built.

Third is a 70s large frame mini, possibly an El Burro or something along those lines. I had a couple El Burros back in the day, it's very similar. Needs everything but comes with a new back tire and rim.

I also have some parts, axles, sprockets, tires and rims, a flathead Briggs, etc

I want to sell it as a package so it all goes away at once. I'll try and get some pictures up, my usual way isn't working anymore...

Any thoughts on a price? Don't want to give it away, but I'm not looking for top dollar either. Just want it gone...

I was thinking 5-600 for all of it? Is that in the ballpark? Thanks
    Last edited by DRAG-ULA; 07-08-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Have anything I can throw a harbor freight motor on and boogie?

No sorry.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Quote Originally Posted by DRAG-ULA View Post
    So I don't really ride much anymore due to an inner ear/ balance problem.
    I have been dealing with meniere's and vertigo for over 10 years now. Not fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayscoupe View Post
    Will someone please lock this fucking thread.

Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    Ditto. About 8 years for me. I got some shots in my ear and it helped a lot. It's still a bitch tho.

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    my father had it ... made it a bitch to go fishing ...
    Driven Crazy

Ditto. About 8 years for me. I got some shots in my ear and it helped a lot. It's still a bitch tho.
    I havent had the shots yet. Dana White from the UFC had his cured. He did not regain his hearing, but no more ringing or dizziness. I would gladly deal with that trade off...lol
    https://www.mmamania.com/2013/4/18/4...-ufc-president

The process he used is called regenokine treatment. I did a quick search years ago and it was unavailable here in the states. I just rechecked and it looks like we have a couple clinics that offer the service in Oakland county. I wonder if it would be covered by BCBS for our condition?

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    my father had it ... made it a bitch to go fishing ...
    I will suck it up if the walleye bite is hot

No shit. I wrote off the hearing in my affected ear a long time ago and made my peace with being half deaf. I'd gladly lose the constant tinnitus tho.

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

No shit. I wrote off the hearing in my affected ear a long time ago and made my peace with being half deaf. I'd gladly lose the constant tinnitus tho.
    Me too. I think that has more to do with my inability to hold a conversation than the hearing loss. I know people have to be tired of me making them repeat themselves.

Thread Information