Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a GREAT window tint shop

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Matt doesn’t work at retail express anymore
    Any idea where he went? It sounds like he was the main reason the place was so good.

Thanks for all the replies! I have some calls to make.
    Last edited by OldbutNew; 07-18-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Matt left and works at a Roofing company now
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

A2 Customs (Ann Arbor) does nice really nice work

Ask for Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HI 5 Racing

I’ve heard mixed things on A2 customs, a buddy of mine ripped the tint off in the parking lot, said it was awful. But another friend was happy so who knows?
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

A2 did my charger, unfortunately I had to remove the windshield and front doors( the police don’t like that) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I’ve heard mixed things on A2 customs, a buddy of mine ripped the tint off in the parking lot, said it was awful. But another friend was happy so who knows?
    ask him why he posts pictures of other shops work on his website and facebook. he's used pictures of State of the Art (ypsilanti) work more than once. sorry, I can't support a business that does that

Quote Originally Posted by sidewayscoupe View Post
    A2 Customs (Ann Arbor) does nice really nice work

Ask for Eric

After the third time of A2 Customs getting dirt under the tint on my truck I finally gave up as there is only two pieces of dirt A2 Customs left under the driver's side tint film and one piece of dirt on the passenger side. This is the best A2 Customs was able to muster on a brand new vehicle (less than 40 miles). A2 Customs also didn't have enough patience to stretch the film for the compound angle of my Sierra's windows so there is a tiny pinhole in the middle where the A2 Customs clowns released the water in each window. A2 Customs also appeared to use a dull box cutter to cut the edge of the tint, which is a solid varying 1/4" to 1/2" from the edge... and the A2 Customs employee appears to have had Parkinson's and 12 cups of coffee because it's jagged like a 3 year old did it with safety scissors. Every single time A2 Customs tried to do a less shitty job of applying tint they left more and more soap on my doorpads and door sills.

When the dirt became apparent from the brodozer driving employees that installed the tint for the third time Eric Carpenter who is the owner at A2 Customs finally took a look at it again and said it was close enough and no tint job is perfect. I agreed, but at least not have the imperfections showing up where you look at them all the time (through the side mirrors). I also stated that he wasted my time by having me take three vacation days to deal with their repeated poor performance and that I could have done a better job blindfolded in a dust storm, not paying hacks a small fortune for "professional" work.

I would rather go to a random-ass Ziebart that employs random-ass highschoolers with two broken arms than go to A2 Customs for window tint ever again. A2 Customs does not provide quality work. A2 Customs is not inexpensive. I would not recommend A2 Customs to cut dandelions in my yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    ask him why he posts pictures of other shops work on his website and facebook. he's used pictures of State of the Art (ypsilanti) work more than once. sorry, I can't support a business that does that
    I don't know anybody at A2 Customs. My buddy that ripped the tint off was the customer, he said the tint looked like garbage. I believe there was a large gap at the corner of his back window (truck), and they put a piece of black vinyl on the outside of the glass to hide it. He said he'd never return and it looks like others feel the same way.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    After the third time of A2 Customs getting dirt under the tint on my truck I finally gave up as there is only two pieces of dirt A2 Customs left under the driver's side tint film and one piece of dirt on the passenger side. This is the best A2 Customs was able to muster on a brand new vehicle (less than 40 miles). A2 Customs also didn't have enough patience to stretch the film for the compound angle of my Sierra's windows so there is a tiny pinhole in the middle where the A2 Customs clowns released the water in each window. A2 Customs also appeared to use a dull box cutter to cut the edge of the tint, which is a solid varying 1/4" to 1/2" from the edge... and the A2 Customs employee appears to have had Parkinson's and 12 cups of coffee because it's jagged like a 3 year old did it with safety scissors. Every single time A2 Customs tried to do a less shitty job of applying tint they left more and more soap on my doorpads and door sills.

When the dirt became apparent from the brodozer driving employees that installed the tint for the third time Eric Carpenter who is the owner at A2 Customs finally took a look at it again and said it was close enough and no tint job is perfect. I agreed, but at least not have the imperfections showing up where you look at them all the time (through the side mirrors). I also stated that he wasted my time by having me take three vacation days to deal with their repeated poor performance and that I could have done a better job blindfolded in a dust storm, not paying hacks a small fortune for "professional" work.

I would rather go to a random-ass Ziebart that employs random-ass highschoolers with two broken arms than go to A2 Customs for window tint ever again. A2 Customs does not provide quality work. A2 Customs is not inexpensive. I would not recommend A2 Customs to cut dandelions in my yard.
    LOL

I guess I got lucky!

HI 5 Racing

any new tint shops?
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Thread Information