Thread: 4 post lift - good place to buy?

Default 4 post lift - good place to buy?

Looking to buy a 4 post lift, anyone here have any recommendations? Nothing crazy just 8,000lb capacity

Check Craigslist, offer up or Facebook marketplace. I found a direct lift fully assembled lightly used for 1800

I was thinking new but maybe I'll have to check for used.

I got mine from Aresco in Pontiac - two post offset I think it was $2200 installed. Shop brand, but fine for how much I use it.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I got mine from Aresco in Pontiac - two post offset I think it was $2200 installed. Shop brand, but fine for how much I use it.

-Geoff
    Can you post a pic of your setup and garage door when open. Thanks. I’ve got high ceilings and trying to figure out options.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post

-Geoff
    How did you like their work and timeliness? I got a quote from them for 33xx delivered & installed

I bought two 8,000 lb 4 post lifts from Aresco. Final price was about $5,500 including installation for one of them. Had to find another installer for the second lift as it was going to my place up near Traverse City. You have to make an appointment for installation and they are pretty busy. Would certainly use them again. I use mine mostly for storage for off season stuff (boat, snow blowers, snowmobiles, lawn tractors, etc) and work on the cars when needed. My one barn has 12 ft ceiling and the other is 14 ft.

You can see in the pics that with the 12 ft ceiling the lifted jeep won't go to the top of the lift without hitting the ceiling but it is high enough to work on. I have had my mustang on that same lift and it will go to the top but that is almost too high to work on depending on what you are doing. Storing the boat on the same lift it goes all the way to the top and you can easily walk under it. Did have to make double sure the boat trailer would fit.

In the barn with a 14 ft ceiling I had my super duty on it and it can go all the way to the top.

i-BvRWzSB-L.jpg
    i-gK4SGXF-L.jpg
    i-Q26vJbB-L.jpg

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    Can you post a pic of your setup and garage door when open. Thanks. I’ve got high ceilings and trying to figure out options.
    I designed the garage with scissor joists to give me the room for a lift - it is a little under 13 feet at the top of the posts and I also had a custom garage door track made that raises up the door to match the angle of the joist (instead of flat, it angles up like 30 degrees). It didn't cost anymore for the custom tracks. The trick is you need to have the Liftmaster style openers that just spin the spring shaft above the door - you can't use the actuator or chain style.

Quote Originally Posted by lethalss View Post
    How did you like their work and timeliness? I got a quote from them for 33xx delivered & installed
    The lift I bought was there basic offset two post 9000 lb - it is still listed for $1899 on their website (shocked it would be $1400 for install). You have to do the releases manually on each side, but that really isn't that big of a deal. You need 220 wired too. They had some kid install it. He didn't get the posts perfectly square - he lined it up to the saw cuts in my concrete which weren't square to start with. Still works fine though.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Club Member

There's a direct lift dealer out by GR as well - https://automotive-lift.com/
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

Thread Information