Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quads on the Street in Detroit

Forum Member

Uhhh.....forget so soon...???

This state does it all wrong... they loose money on car registration, so they make registration more expensive... thus driving more people not to register their car.

You need to look at working with people for a solution, you can't always strong arm it. Especially in a city like Detroit. Even if you build a free ATV part downtown, they will just ride from their house to the park. I'm not sure what the solution is though.

Maybe make some trailer in all the abandoned land that lead to a park, but require like a $50 tag. That way you can keep tabs on people if they do ride illegally. Then make street riding a huge fine and impound the atv. IDK though to say what could help at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    The only answer would be to build an affordable orv park in the city somewhere and then write huge tickets for street use.

Yep. That will make it alllllll good. Can't we just get rid of insurance, registration, licenses, ORV stickers, and every other aspect of what I pay for as a law abiding citizen???? Come on have a heart.... Running from police officers??... Issuing tickets would be so cruel and wrong. Jails would be full of people that were just having fun..... Laws are just a waste of ink.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Yep. That will make it alllllll good. Can't we just get rid of insurance, registration, licenses, ORV stickers, and every other aspect of what I pay for as a law abiding citizen???? Come on have a heart.... Running from police officers??... Issuing tickets would be so cruel and wrong. Jails would be full of people that were just having fun..... Laws are just a waste of ink.
    no where in my comment did I say all that, this is not much different then street racing in most aspects of it, have you never been to or even street raced? Kinda what I thought. Not everyone is a bad person for wanting to ride in the streets on a atv.

no where in my comment did I say all that, this is not much different then street racing in most aspects of it, have you never been to or even street raced? Kinda what I thought. Not everyone is a bad person for wanting to ride in the streets on a atv.
    I'm with you 100%, there was a couple of 1/8th miles tracks in Houston right in the city limits. They were always packed for test and tunes fri/sat. A cheap easy alternative keeps it off the street.

That being said there is still street racing, just less i'm assuming.

Think about it from their prospective. You have little to loose. All you've ever known was the cops being the bad guys. If you stop, they take your toy, if you run you'll probably get away. Why would you stop? Even if they get you on evading, what will they do toss you in the slammer for a bit? So what, still cheaper then buying a truck, trailer, insurance and going up North to a trail. Plus all you're friends are running on the street.

Again I don't know the solution, but I don't really see a win win at this point. This is much less of a concern to me than say all the murders, thefts and violent crimes going on...

The only solution is let the thugs (continue to) rule Detroit unless someone gets killed or maimed. Until then, Detroit Police don't have the moral high ground to confront them. If something bad happens though, all bets are off, and shit is going to get UGLY.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

I was just being a smart ass. You said the only answer is to make people pay to rock their minibike at an ORV park. Nobody wants to pay for a damn thing, this is why a cheap, unlicensed, uninsured toy is the best neighborhood steed. I'm the loser because I plate 7 vehicles a year AND insure them. Yes I've been to street races, in my street car, parked off of a road, in a lot, not running from cops. Many times chatting with the cops. Call me crazy. Remember those days when you would have a cop run your license for shits a giggles? Oh the days of being a good little tax payer.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Thread Information