Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun fun fun with my lift kit...

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Default Fun fun fun with my lift kit...

This was a cool “after the fact” discovery...

So, I’m rebuilding the Tacoma after my accident and beefing up a few things....

Bought a set of used spindles, had the Total Chaos gussets installed, painted them, installed them... and realized the spindles I bought were from an ABS truck and my truck isn’t. So.... now I have a big threaded hole on each side. Anything wrong with just closing it up with a plain bolt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Side note... after months of chasing parts, sourcing skilled labor, and in between full time work, full time time single dad stuff and moving... the Taco is actually sitting on the ground.

3” Old Man Emu lift kit, Total Chaos spindle gussets, JBA uniball UCAs... still waiting to install my winch and rock sliders (have both)

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    This was a cool “after the fact” discovery...

So, I’m rebuilding the Tacoma after my accident and beefing up a few things....

Bought a set of used spindles, had the Total Chaos gussets installed, painted them, installed them... and realized the spindles I bought were from an ABS truck and my truck isn’t. So.... now I have a big threaded hole on each side. Anything wrong with just closing it up with a plain bolt?

Nope no issues. Or leave them as is. The ABS sensor provides no strength to the spindle so the lack of a sensor is no issue.

Cool

Been watching the progress on the Taco as I ride by
    every other day or so. Its a nice truck.

I almost got a 2003 one owner, low mileage Tundra
    this week, buyer was just ahead of me!

Quote Originally Posted by Siegel1719 View Post
    Nope no issues. Or leave them as is. The ABS sensor provides no strength to the spindle so the lack of a sensor is no issue.
    Can’t leave as is.... I can see the guts of the CV moving in there... can’t have water/dirt/etc getting into the hub/bearings

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Been watching the progress on the Taco as I ride by
    every other day or so. Its a nice truck.

I almost got a 2003 one owner, low mileage Tundra
    this week, buyer was just ahead of me!
    There’s a nice looking 90s Tundra TRD cruising around town lately

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Can’t leave as is.... I can see the guts of the CV moving in there... can’t have water/dirt/etc getting into the hub/bearings

Sorry not 100% familiar with the Tacoma setup. Usually the ABS sensor is triggered by a series of flags or teeth cut into the outside of a hub or CV shaft. So no real issues with water etc. It's always possible for the 1 in a million rock etc to get in there even with an abs sensor and splash/dust shields. Just seal the hole up and your good to go.

Looks good.

As of two weeks ago, Fox U-Pull in Belleville has a 01 4Runner w/ rear e-locker. I didn't check gear ratio and some of the brake parts had been scavenged.

Default Fun fun fun with my lift kit...

Quote Originally Posted by Siegel1719 View Post
    Sorry not 100% familiar with the Tacoma setup. Usually the ABS sensor is triggered by a series of flags or teeth cut into the outside of a hub or CV shaft. So no real issues with water etc. It's always possible for the 1 in a million rock etc to get in there even with an abs sensor and splash/dust shields. Just seal the hole up and your good to go.
    It’s dark, but this is what my hub looks like currently. Looking at this pic.. realizing that the sensor hole doesn’t have threads itself... I’m probably going to have to buy a sensor (maybe a bad one or two?) and just bolt them up as if I had ABS up front and let them seal?

Last edited by DetroitStyle; 08-23-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Cut a small steel plate and put a hole I. It for the bolt, problem solved

Thread Information