Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention motown muscle! Urgent club members missing!

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

*sigh*

Tough loss here in a game they really needed to win. The D is really banged up

And it’s looking like the draft scouts were right to be concerned about Kerryon being injury prone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Stafford actually had a good game, another winning stat... quickest quarterback to hit 40,000 passes...��
    Defense is an absolute wreck... spent a lot of money on a bunch of guys and get nothing in return.
    Who is the defensive coach?
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    Stafford actually had a good game, another winning stat... quickest quarterback to hit 40,000 passes...��
    Defense is an absolute wreck... spent a lot of money on a bunch of guys and get nothing in return.
    Who is the defensive coach?
    That defense has been like that the whole year. It looks like they play man to man on at least one wide-out, but over the middle they play this super weak zone that gives up completions all day long. That defense only works if you can get a good pass rush, and they rarely get pressure. Plus, it seems like the defensive line gets tired in the 2nd half and get even less pressure. I don't know who the D coach is, but Patricia is supposed to be the Defensive guru.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Default Attention motown muscle! Urgent club members missing!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    That defense has been like that the whole year. It looks like they play man to man on at least one wide-out, but over the middle they play this super weak zone that gives up completions all day long. That defense only works if you can get a good pass rush, and they rarely get pressure. Plus, it seems like the defensive line gets tired in the 2nd half and get even less pressure. I don't know who the D coach is, but Patricia is supposed to be the Defensive guru.

-Geoff
    I haven’t been at all impressed with Patricia. Failures all around in bad challenges vs missed challenge opportunities, bad use of timeouts, etc

They can live or die on the man-to-man defense if Slay is 100%, but he’s not. The other guys can’t cover like he can. With Davis and Harrison banged up... the whole defensive scheme fails

Seems like the ideal setup would have been getting rid of Jim Bob Cooter, letting Stafford rip.... and keeping Caldwell.

Last edited by DetroitStyle; 10-21-2019 at 11:00 PM.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

IMG_0566.JPGSo is it safe to say don't waste a Sunday, go out and do something constructive cause the Lions HAVE TOO win today? I mean they are playing at home and a team with just as bad of a record as they have....
    What could go wrong?
    I think I'll brew a pot of coffee and Get the 4wheeler out of the shed and get it winter ready to push some snow
    Last edited by Wizeguy; 10-27-2019 at 05:16 AM.
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    IMG_0566.JPGSo is it safe to say don't waste a Sunday, go out and do something constructive cause the Lions HAVE TOO win today? I mean they are playing at home and a team with just as bad of a record as they have....
    What could go wrong?
    I think I'll brew a pot of coffee and Get the 4wheeler out of the shed and get it winter ready to push some snow
    A win, back to .500, and a solid game played. IMHO it wasn’t as close as the score indicated as the Lions looked in control for most of the game.

I think they win 3 of the next 4

I guess I don't understand what the Lions were thinking at the trade dead line. There is no run game with out Kerryon, and he's out the rest of the season. The defense is pretty lousy. So are you buyers, or are you sellers? Neither really doesn't make much sense. Either grab a RB and a few defensive pieces to make a run, or sell Slay and look to build towards the future. He's a disgruntled free agent anyways.

Doing nothing and being mediocre seems to be the Ford families direction.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Default Attention motown muscle! Urgent club members missing!

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    I guess I don't understand what the Lions were thinking at the trade dead line. There is no run game with out Kerryon, and he's out the rest of the season. The defense is pretty lousy. So are you buyers, or are you sellers? Neither really doesn't make much sense. Either grab a RB and a few defensive pieces to make a run, or sell Slay and look to build towards the future. He's a disgruntled free agent anyways.

Doing nothing and being mediocre seems to be the Ford families direction.
    Agree completely. Slay is a baller and they are doing everything they can to make him unhappy.

The Diggs trade was dumb too.

*welp* I don’t know what to say. Lots of mistakes all around.

The play calling was awful. The Lions were moving the ball easily through the air and then they went into their super predictable mode and stalled out.

Seeing Golladay and Jones going to the bench on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line on the final play made my head spin

The officiating? How was the final drive hit on Hockenson not a penalty in the same way it was against Tracy Walker a few weeks back?

And that stupid last play for the Lions... you can’t tell me that a 5’10 defender gets over the back of a 6’7 TE on a jump ball without it being pass interference.

I particularly liked the 25 yd penalty that put the Lions almost at the goal line and they shit the bed

Thread Information