Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrap way down.

Forum Member

Wow, these things are going for far more than I realized.

I have an '01 Yukon I'll be scrapping soon...I should be able to get roughly $80-$100 apiece for them??

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    Wow, these things are going for far more than I realized.

I have an '01 Yukon I'll be scrapping soon...I should be able to get roughly $80-$100 apiece for them??
    For the truck or the cats? Go to the Rockaway site that is shown above, follow their instructions, and either email or text them for a quote. if you cant find the part numbers on the cats, send me a PM with the VIN, I can get you the GM part numbers for their quotes.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by beertestr View Post
    For the truck or the cats? Go to the Rockaway site that is shown above, follow their instructions, and either email or text them for a quote. if you cant find the part numbers on the cats, send me a PM with the VIN, I can get you the GM part numbers for their quotes.

Thanks! I will crawl under it and get P/N's for them.

I bought it as a parts truck. US Auto quoted me ~$200 for the truck if they came and got it. It does run and drive, so I planned on just bringing it down to them if it gets me more. From a quick look on Rockaway's site, they are showing $80-$130 each for the cats - so, I could be $150-$200 just for them, let alone parting out the rest of the turd.

Thanks! I will crawl under it and get P/N's for them.

I bought it as a parts truck. US Auto quoted me ~$200 for the truck if they came and got it. It does run and drive, so I planned on just bringing it down to them if it gets me more. From a quick look on Rockaway's site, they are showing $80-$130 each for the cats - so, I could be $150-$200 just for them, let alone parting out the rest of the turd.
    If the motor is a good runner, it's worth $250 to an LS swapper. Trans is worth $100 easy. These are all priced-to-move prices.

Mike

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by beertestr View Post
    If the motor is a good runner, it's worth $250 to an LS swapper. Trans is worth $100 easy. These are all priced-to-move prices.

Yeah, trans is iffy. It works, but not well...I only drove it a mile, so I really don't have a good idea on what it's doing exactly.

Engine seems to run just fine, but it is a little long in the tooth - it's got roughly 290k on it. Seemed to run well the 1 time I drove it - I will have to move it around again to see how it does.

Yeah, trans is iffy. It works, but not well...I only drove it a mile, so I really don't have a good idea on what it's doing exactly.

Engine seems to run just fine, but it is a little long in the tooth - it's got roughly 290k on it. Seemed to run well the 1 time I drove it - I will have to move it around again to see how it does.
    Drive it to US Auto Sterling Heights and they will give you more for driving it there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

your inbox is full empty it! lol
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

I have 2 catalytic converters to get rid of, is this online place still the best bet?
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    I have 2 catalytic converters to get rid of, is this online place still the best bet?
    They treated me well last fall. I did get an email saying they were changing their process a bit, so you may want to look into it.

They gave me way more than the local guys were offering, and they did reimburse shipping costs to a certain amount. I want to say it was $25 for $200 in estimated value. The 3 cats I sent them cost me $27 to ship, so the better piece price compared to local offers was pretty much fully realized. Just follow their instructions, if you have the PN of the cats handy, that seems to help quite a bit.

Mike

Thread Information