Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrap way down.

Default Scrap way down.

We just took a body shell to scrap this week. $45/ton. $35 paid for roughly 1550#. That's a 1/3 of what paid out a few years ago.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Quote Originally Posted by beertestr View Post
    We just took a body shell to scrap this week. $45/ton. $35 paid for roughly 1550#. That's a 1/3 of what paid out a few years ago.

That's a third or what is was just a couple months ago. I was getting .094/lb (Net Ton) earlier this year. China imported Zero scrap steel in September.

Forum Member

One of the guys at work took back our scraps from the machine shop yesterday and was turned away, they weren’t taking any steel.

I had a woman that wanted to try the "drive it, push it, drag it in" used car deal and was lined up to give me $100 for it. I told her it wasn't even a complete car, but I had the title, and she said her dealer was OK with it.

I thought that was all pretty ridiculous, but maybe I should have taken her up on it

Mike

Is anybody buying cats? I have a pair of catalytic converters off the same scrap car.

Mike

Best rate I have been getting for cats is out of state at Rockaway recycling. Text them a pic with the part number and they will send you a price https://catalyticcontrol.rockawayrec...-scrap-prices/

Quote Originally Posted by NBFRC View Post
    Best rate I have been getting for cats is out of state at Rockaway recycling. Text them a pic with the part number and they will send you a price https://catalyticcontrol.rockawayrec...-scrap-prices/
    Thanks!, I'm waiting to hear back on a quote.

Mike

Got a really good quote, do they actually deliver the quoted value, or do you end up with less? Just worried about a bait and switch. I confirmed the condition with them, so if they deliver close to what they quoted, it would be worth the shipping cost for 3 converters.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by beertestr View Post
    Got a really good quote, do they actually deliver the quoted value, or do you end up with less? Just worried about a bait and switch. I confirmed the condition with them, so if they deliver close to what they quoted, it would be worth the shipping cost for 3 converters.

They deliver and are pretty quick about it. Just follow their instructions and make sure the honeycomb is intact and you will get what they quoted you.

They deliver and are pretty quick about it. Just follow their instructions and make sure the honeycomb is intact and you will get what they quoted you.
    Shipped on Thursday, cash in my PayPal this morning, exactly as quoted AND they covered shipping. Thanks for the recommendation, they paid 2x what the local buyers were paying.

Now.. how are aluminum prices? I have some wheels that are worth more as scrap, apparently.

Mike

Thread Information