Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SOS rant

Quote Originally Posted by 93 saturn sl2 View Post
    If you have storage around the time that you have to renew your plate then the form that comes in the mail wont have a pin number on it. That means you can't register at the little kiosk and have to show proof of registration at the counter to renew. Happened to me once and also another time when the insurance company had my vin number wrong.
    Ah ok. Didn’t know about that.

blame this on non insured in this area, and la insurance
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Club Member

I bought a new truck this past June and I transferred the plate from my 2015 Truck without any problems....

The SOS person was probably just too lazy, or something....Just sayin.......

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    I believe the issue is that SOS checks for active (non-storage) insurance when renewing registration. If they see just storage, they can deny the renewal. Or something like that, I'm not entirely sure
    Yup, my bday is at the end of March the lady at SOS would not budge. We had 3 cars all on the same policy one said storage,she basically said get lost til I switched it for the one car.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    I believe the issue is that SOS checks for active (non-storage) insurance when renewing registration. If they see just storage, they can deny the renewal. Or something like that, I'm not entirely sure
    Yep, went through that in October of 2018 for both of my Mustangs in storage. Neither had been driven for years and were in storage and insured as such, but this was the first time I was denied the ability to renew the registration.

my daughter went to renew her drivers licence ... in and out in 30 mins... my jaw hit the floor when she told me
    Driven Crazy

Thread Information