Thread: 2010 mustang gt thoughts

Default 2010 mustang gt thoughts

Working on picking up a loaded 10 GT, glass roof auto. Has some nice upgrades and figure would be a nice driver to go along with my 13 Boss. How are these 4.6 cars? Any issues to look for. Car is a friends and has 67k miles

here is a list of what's been done

· Ford Racing shorty headers
    · Clear film paint protect hood, front end, rocker panels up doors and rear since nearly new
    · 0ne piece custom aluminum driveshaft
    · Adjustable rear suspension links
    · Ridetech adjustable suspension
    · Ford racing upgraded Brembo brakes 16” rotors I think (it’s the track pack brakes)
    · Customer fit rear 19x10 rear staggered wheels (all wheels media stripped & powder coated to match by clients shop)
    · Splined lugs for all wheels with Ford blue anodized cap (you have probably never seen these before)
    · Carbon fiber rear diffuser
    · Custom JL Audio upgrades ($3k in ’17)
    · New LED headlights upgrade
    · K&N filter
    · Optima gel battery
    · Have the lower chin spoiler for front new that is from the BOSS and air cooling ducts to go with it in box. Ford parts not aftermarket
    · Have the ford racing adjustable suspension I had on it for 2 years before the Ridetech
    · Rear tail light black out bezel
    · Rocker panels splitters

IMG_8581.JPG

The worst part is that it's the newer S197 with a 4.6L, which a lot of people dog on.

I had a 2010 with huge cams/phaser lockouts and it was a blast.

With that being said; look out for phasers and plugs. The 3V engine is ok if taken care of.

Club Member

I agree with Mike. Overall a good, fun car. I had an '07 and it was fine with 130K miles on it. Think I had to replace a couple timing pulleys (??) around 120K but it wasn't bad. I think I paid a guy about $400 to do it, (don't remember for sure)'car with Lidio tune I think I got 13.30s with stock tires. The automatics with drag radials could do a couple tenths better. The only thing with the 2010s, and this is just an opinion of course, you have the worst of all worlds, the uglier body w/o the better engine. But that one looks super nice, and they did have the nicer interior. You'd probably love it. The suspension upgrade may be a little noisier than stock over bumps, etc. But with the better stereo, just drown it out, LOL!

I should add (and I almost forgot) that I also owned a 2006 Mustang GT. I didn't own that long enough, 3 years and 45k miles. Most issues were fit and finish when I bought it new.

Depending on price, Id buy another 4.6 based GT if the price was right.

Thread Information