Thread: 2010 mustang gt thoughts

Default 2010 mustang gt thoughts

Working on picking up a loaded 10 GT, glass roof auto. Has some nice upgrades and figure would be a nice driver to go along with my 13 Boss. How are these 4.6 cars? Any issues to look for. Car is a friends and has 67k miles

here is a list of what's been done

Ford Racing shorty headers
    Clear film paint protect hood, front end, rocker panels up doors and rear since nearly new
    0ne piece custom aluminum driveshaft
    Adjustable rear suspension links
    Ridetech adjustable suspension
    Ford racing upgraded Brembo brakes 16 rotors I think (its the track pack brakes)
    Customer fit rear 19x10 rear staggered wheels (all wheels media stripped & powder coated to match by clients shop)
    Splined lugs for all wheels with Ford blue anodized cap (you have probably never seen these before)
    Carbon fiber rear diffuser
    Custom JL Audio upgrades ($3k in 17)
    New LED headlights upgrade
    K&N filter
    Optima gel battery
    Have the lower chin spoiler for front new that is from the BOSS and air cooling ducts to go with it in box. Ford parts not aftermarket
    Have the ford racing adjustable suspension I had on it for 2 years before the Ridetech
    Rear tail light black out bezel
    Rocker panels splitters

IMG_8581.JPG

The worst part is that it's the newer S197 with a 4.6L, which a lot of people dog on.

I had a 2010 with huge cams/phaser lockouts and it was a blast.

With that being said; look out for phasers and plugs. The 3V engine is ok if taken care of.

Club Member

I agree with Mike. Overall a good, fun car. I had an '07 and it was fine with 130K miles on it. Think I had to replace a couple timing pulleys (??) around 120K but it wasn't bad. I think I paid a guy about $400 to do it, (don't remember for sure)'car with Lidio tune I think I got 13.30s with stock tires. The automatics with drag radials could do a couple tenths better. The only thing with the 2010s, and this is just an opinion of course, you have the worst of all worlds, the uglier body w/o the better engine. But that one looks super nice, and they did have the nicer interior. You'd probably love it. The suspension upgrade may be a little noisier than stock over bumps, etc. But with the better stereo, just drown it out, LOL!

I should add (and I almost forgot) that I also owned a 2006 Mustang GT. I didn't own that long enough, 3 years and 45k miles. Most issues were fit and finish when I bought it new.

Depending on price, Id buy another 4.6 based GT if the price was right.

Thread Information