Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Mach E

Rather see the ranchero come back as an "E" vehicle than the wtf e-mach.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybones View Post
    Considering how I am not really the target group for this vehicle I will say this.

It is a pretty exciting "SUV" in the way that the OEM's need to step up their game to meet the all electric platform. I think Ford has done that here.

The part I really feel they messed up is calling this a Mustang and with 4 doors to boot.
    Instantly throws a bad image to 90% of the market let alone ones like me who are the Muscle Car, V8 or Boost hungry consumer.

A mustang it is not.... it is pretty much everything anti mustang except the Name, the badge and Taillights.
    To boot this is why plants like Romeo Engine are closing to this new future of SUV's.
    Maybe this will be a repeat of the Ford Probe. Huge backlash may make Ford change the name...

Except for the Mustang name and the screen that looks like a duct taped iPad, I think it’s alright. I’d drive it after having a proper charger installed in my garage. As Justin said, 30 miles of range overnight is laughable. What’s the real world range on that “30 miles” when it’s 10° outside?
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Should have just offered an electric power train in the normal mustake. It's pretty ugly too.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    Should have just offered an electric power train in the normal mustake. It's pretty ugly too.

You would think that came up at a meeting, right???"
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Club Member

The first thing people consider right along with price, is how a vehicle looks. It is pretty darn ugly. Might be a great vehicle, but what were they thinking, especially calling it a Mustang.

I had zero issue with them claiming mustang inspired...but that's as far as it should've went.

I like seeing them do something pretty revolutionary though and to compete with the Tesla SUV I think they've done a good job.

As for the charging on 110 laughable yes, but I don't think any manufacturer will do better on 110 do they? It's math....

The Mustange' name associated to that exterior design is just not authentic to what most of us crude muscle car peoples expect. It has went rather far off from where it originally started & should Ford put in place the "E" styling as the set in stone design, it will soon disconnect future enthusiasts from the Mustang heritage.

As for the charging; It's really not a stretch to put in place service for a 240v[220v] receptacle. IMHO; If the consumer is affording to purchase a new vehicle with the "E" tech, the odds of that being added to the cost to maintain it might be minimal, if they don't already have an outlet close enough for use. However, with it featuring both voltage charging capabilities, it surely increases it target market.

Forum Member

Amazing!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Thread Information