Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garage lighting suggestions

Default Garage lighting suggestions

Looking into new lighting for my 2 1/2 car garage. Currently have 6 4foot florescent lights but looking into some new brighter led bulbs or maybe replacing the whole fixtures. Any suggestions? I swear there was a post a while back about led bulbs. Garage pics, lighting links, or
    tips on what to buy. Thanks MM

I switched my florescent lights over to LED bulbs, it made a big difference. Bought them at Lowe's, I got the ones that worked with or without ballasts and cut my ballasts out.

These go on sale every so often for like $17 I think. I bought one awhile back for my basement workshop space and it's super bright.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/4-Ft-L...ght-64410.html
    I like pie.

I was just going to copy/paste the harbor freight link... They work pretty good.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Before the LED lights were affordable I bought 6 high output florescent fixtures (8' dual bulb commercial grade). Its more than l needed but it's bright to say the least

I ordered these. Was a little hesitant because of how cheap they are. But i have had them installed for about a year now. They work awesome and are super bright!!! This is a six pack, but i bought and did an 8 pack. there is also a 12 pack that would be perfect size in my opinion for a 2 1/2 car garage.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJQSL61...x_B07HLJW5GX_0
    Last edited by draggingto; 11-22-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Stupid question. 6 years ago when I bought my house I upgraded all the lights in my garage to (at that time) to the super bright T5's. It is still crazy bright in my garage, but can I just pop the energy sucking T5 bulbs out and pop on new LED bulbs in the current T5 fixtures or do I have to replace the whole fixture? Thanks
    ****MATT*****

I’m gonna try these soon, got the link from the old thread. https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Pack-4FT...-/331964637942

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybones View Post
    Stupid question. 6 years ago when I bought my house I upgraded all the lights in my garage to (at that time) to the super bright T5's. It is still crazy bright in my garage, but can I just pop the energy sucking T5 bulbs out and pop on new LED bulbs in the current T5 fixtures or do I have to replace the whole fixture? Thanks
    Usually you can just swap them out and bypass the ballast inside the fixture, some bulbs don’t even require removing the ballast.

Forum Member

I ordered T5 led NON ballasted bulbs from ebay a couple years ago since half my ballasts were bad and they've been great.

Thread Information