Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garage lighting suggestions

Costco has LED lights marked down starting 11/25. I think it's a 4' light fixture with LED, $18 if I recall correctly. I'm hoping to grab a few of them. I think the brand is Feit?

I think this is the light...

https://www.amazon.com/Feit-Electric...11702426&psc=1
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Forum Member

Good question, thanks for posting.
    There was a Garage LED light post probably 6 years ago. Someone was buying shit tons of them from ding dong and selling them here. I got a few, but it seems like you need 3 LED's to get the same amount of light from them compared to the 8' fluorescent lights. I put them in my basement work room, I needed to use all of them to get the same coverage. They work good though, and pop on as soon as you throw the switch, which is a benefit...I'm sure things have changed since these that I have any many others here probably also still have compared to todays fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    Good question, thanks for posting.
    There was a Garage LED light post probably 6 years ago. Someone was buying shit tons of them from ding dong and selling them here. I got a few, but it seems like you need 3 LED's to get the same amount of light from them compared to the 8' fluorescent lights. I put them in my basement work room, I needed to use all of them to get the same coverage. They work good though, and pop on as soon as you throw the switch, which is a benefit...I'm sure things have changed since these that I have any many others here probably also still have compared to todays fixtures.
    Moneypit Ken
    I have a shit load of them.
    My garage is bright as F and I didn’t use that many.

I love the UFO style lights but I dont have high ceilings

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    I’m gonna try these soon, got the link from the old thread. https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Pack-4FT...-/331964637942
    Yup, I ordered 100 of these after they worked great in my barn (original ones from Moneypit - Ken). I pimped out the wife's horse barn with them and an adding more rows in my barn, plan to upgrade our garage on the house and basement, store room, etc. Only downside with the LED bulbs is they seem to interfere with radio reception. But light right up in the cold weather. Not had any issues.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

Forum Member

I have 8 of the Costco LED shop lights in my garage and they work fine. I still have some HO florescent fixtures above the workbench, and while they work fine, buzz when it's cold. I'll eventually swap the tubes out for LED.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugger Z View Post
    Yup, I ordered 100 of these after they worked great in my barn (original ones from Moneypit - Ken). I pimped out the wife's horse barn with them and an adding more rows in my barn, plan to upgrade our garage on the house and basement, store room, etc. Only downside with the LED bulbs is they seem to interfere with radio reception. But light right up in the cold weather. Not had any issues.
    Without L.E.Ds my FM reception was not that great. Now having them, the reception is worse.
    For convenience purposes; I'd opt for the kind that can be used with or without the ballasts wired in. Had a few ancient fixtures that were being dissected for the retrofitting & some of the fixtures crumbled at the ends, rendering those fixtures junk.

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

I've had the 4' LED shop lights from Menards in my garage for a while now. Switched from 8' HO florescent. Only downside is that they're not 8'. But bright as hell. I had one crap out, but no problems other than that.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Thread Information